Author Topic: Homemade Slingshot  (Read 23369 times)

Stringman

Re: Homemade Slingshot
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2017, 09:56:29 am »
Grampa used to call em "bean flips". That brings back great memories as we would walk all over creation with a pocket full of gravel and one "in the chamber." Pestered every living thing that didnt scoot when we eyed it. Even killed a rabbit once, though I can't tell you how (gravel tends to go every way but straight.) As I grew older, we would use .36 lead balls and our consistency improved greatly. With good ammo, it wouldnt be hard to knock a bird outta the tree... Gives me an idea for the next elk hunt. Thanks Joe!!

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2017, 11:09:55 am »
Hey Scott, we have carried slingshots in our packs to Colorado elk hunting. Those crazy grouse make good targets...
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline Traxx

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2017, 07:46:02 pm »
BrianS....

Have you used Theraband before?

If so,how does this exercise band compare?
Or...
How is it compared to the tubes you are using?

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2017, 10:37:14 pm »
Theraband is generally regarded as the cadillac of slingshot flat bands. They produce variety of strengths for the exercise/rehab trade with gold color being the strongest.
Thereband gold doubled flat bands are primo hunting bands.

Many shooters swear by tubes, but I couldn't get accurate with them.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 11:15:31 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Traxx

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2017, 01:24:39 am »
I agree Knoll.
Thats what i use.I was interested how the Green compared.I did a little research and found,that the Green is theraband only a bit less resilient to stretch.

mikekeswick

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2017, 09:05:02 am »
The best band is theraband, gold and black are the best colours for most hunting weight ammo, blue is great for small steels/targets. I have found between 9mm and 12mm lead balls are the best calibres for hunting. Steels work well too and you can get over 300fps with tapered theraband bands. Obviously flatter trajectory but not as much stopping power.
the 'bean shooter' is a very good shot! Notice he says that he doesn't aim...that is the key to accuracy. Throwing cans etc in the air is great to train the instinctive style shooting as you can not aim even if you wanted to try.