Author Topic: Points at work.  (Read 4081 times)

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
Re: Points at work.
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 11:51:20 pm »
Nice !Love that long knife. I been trying to make a long blade (6" or more) Keep snapping them. Got alot of material,still at it.Got to cut out the percussion sooner I guess. Thanks for sharing the pictures. '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 11:52:30 pm »
It's a shame all the new guys on here are just now seeing a little of what you're capable of....Shame on you Paul Wolfe!!! ;D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 09:47:11 am »
Thanks guys! Your too funny Shannon ;D. OK, here's another one from some material Jesse had on his tarp. Don't have a clue what it is, looks raw and kinda grainy but can't complain about how it works.

[attachment deleted by admin]
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 10:25:31 am »
Great looking points and variety of styles!Maybe I should take a long break from knapping if the end products look like this :o Give me a call if you get rained out so you can restock on material to keep you busy at work ;D

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline cowboy

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 10:44:59 am »
Will do Tracy! Flying back in here next Monday..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2010, 06:02:18 pm »
Cowboy, that looks like some of the black dover that Jesse had. I ended up getting a 5 gal bucket of it an it works pretty good, the dark black seems to be better than the grainy tan colored stuff also Jesse told me soak it in water a few days before working. I like it and I like the point you made with it, doesn,t look like you had any problem at all with the Dover, Makes a real authentic looking point. I need to get into the stone I got from you an see if I can make something decent. Bob

Offline Kolton

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 07:13:40 pm »
Great job
AIM SMALL MISS SMALL

Offline cowboy

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2010, 02:54:14 am »
Thanks Bob! Got another chunk... gonna put it in a bucket of water.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2010, 09:26:50 am »
 Nice point, Paul. I like that Dover and wish I had gotten more.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2010, 11:16:43 am »
Well it's about time ,Iwas thinking you might have taken up trombone or something
always like seein' your work
Roger
Venice Florida

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 02:19:50 pm »
looks like the Dover Jesse sent me!  The Horse creek I got was some real nice stuff I made a nice 4" clovis  I ended up breaking it making an ametuer mistake by not holding it right and got shock and snapped the tip.  Was real pert going red grey white and almost blue.  Dam ....I will be more careful...lol Cowboy some fine work brother!

Russell
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline cowboy

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2010, 06:07:35 pm »
Well thanks ya'll :).  It's unanimous then - dover, wouldn't mind having some more. Thanks Roger, trombone? hehehhehe...