Author Topic: How Technology affects us  (Read 38371 times)

Bob S.

Re: How Technology affects us
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 10:50:41 pm »
Ohhh! Mullet!!! When you start quoting "Kung Fu" the TV show you know you are in trouble then! Tried watching a rerun of that the other day and could not believe how hockey it was. How could we have watched it when we were kids!!!

I don't know, I kinda liked it.  ;D

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 07:54:12 pm »
Oh Lord and saints preserve us from David Karadin!!!!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 08:46:18 am »
Enjoyed your thoughts on Tech,seems to me only the people who wear thosesilly bluetooth  cells on their ears are the ones who think they are important enough to need em. Dont have a cell,did for a short while the wife called about nothing too often. Went to  a simple single shot deer rifle a few years ago, then got interested in self bows. Wow, didnt see that addiction comin. Maybe has something to do with being 40 now. And far as relaxing goes how come no one has mentioned the bow string connecting with the flesh of your arm? Must be me and all my old bad wheel bow habits.
laugh. its good for ya

Bob S.

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 11:58:12 am »
Ouch! I can relate to that.

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 01:14:29 pm »
 Oh ............"The interface between the linen and the epidermis at ureasonable speeds". Is that what u mean  ::) ;D ;D.........bob

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 03:19:38 pm »
Yep, Ive managed to produce some"striking" colors upon my arm a time or two.
laugh. its good for ya

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 05:41:25 pm »
Uhm! Augie....arm guards will solve your problem. Nice peice of leather between the nasty string and your arm REALLY makes a big difference.  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline DanaM

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 06:00:26 pm »
That sting and burn just reminds ya that yer alive ;D

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 06:01:31 pm »
Ineed to invest in a longer arm gaurd!
laugh. its good for ya

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2007, 07:15:46 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007, 08:36:14 pm »
   Proper bow arm form will stop it to.But I use an arm guard,I'm a slow learner. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007, 10:01:15 pm »
Glad to know Im not the only slow one,been blaming the former compound bow thing.
laugh. its good for ya

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 04:33:41 pm »
We all feal the sting once in a while!

perry

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2007, 06:40:42 pm »
   I've had a gutfull of the technology  and modern society thing , trouble is in order for me to get my galvinized tin shack on a couple thousand acres out west I got to embrace everything that gives me the pips , a wife and 2 young children with polar opposite veiws sort of back me into that corner , think I will go and finish my new hunting bow now I'm depressed .regards Perry

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2007, 07:51:14 pm »
Yep, the family! "Every time I get out....The keep dragging me back in!!!" - The Godfather II

Some things I like about civilization and some things I dont. Let see"

Minusses of living in mideivil ages - usually violent death, starvation always a possability, warlords constantly raiding farms and killing family, lucky if you live to 30 and considered and old man, most of your children never live beyond childhood, good chance of wife dieing durring labor, Black Plague, Diseas, dysentary,

Plusses - Longer life expectancy, less violence on a daily bassis, Hospitals, flush toilets, sanitiation, hot and cold running water, coffee, lots of entertainment available, vacations, Primitive archer magazine, Live into your 80's or 90's, Majority of children live into adulthood, wife will live through birth of children, etc, etc

Hmmm! Think I will stay in present and just dream of the past with a cherry on top!  ;D