Author Topic: How Technology affects us  (Read 38169 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: How Technology affects us
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2007, 09:27:54 pm »
Thats one way of looking at it, I found if I don't watch the news I'm not nearly as pissed off, distressed, depressed, etc.
i8 go to shop and make something does wonders for my mental stability. Speaking of which most people think I'm odd. ;D
Ok guys have fun with that one I can handle it :P

Dana
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline DanaM

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2007, 09:38:07 pm »
man my typing sucks bad I think I'm comin down with dylexia is that possible?

Dana
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2007, 04:27:26 pm »
doN Now! NEEvr hd Trble m slF!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2007, 01:12:03 pm »
I was recently diagnosed as a paranoid dislexic. I always feel like I'm following someone. Sometimes it's so bad I just want to throw myself behind a bus.  :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2007, 03:59:09 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

a finnish native

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2007, 02:18:05 pm »
call me whatever you will and want to, but I am no murderer, racist or nuttin.
still, I think that technology weakens the human race, because thanks to it, the weak can also survive and pass their wag genes to another generation. evolution does not effect us humans anymore so much. Not trying to offend or insult, but as I have heard 73% of Americans are over weight in one way or another.. this basically means that is technology and modern medical science would dissapear over half of your countries population would die away in a really short period of time.
another great example is the human eye sight. go back in time 800-900 years, and almost all had great eyesight, because the ones that did not, died of starvation or in battle. thy just simply could not see the game or the enemy, and thus bad eye sight was met only in extremely rare cases.
if one would desire of a community that is stronger than the other, one should not let the weak or mentally disabled to reproduce. normal diseases like the flu, chikenpox and so on could still be cured, but nothing so serious that the person could not live without longtime medical attention.
I'm not saying that this should be, but it is my view of the situation.
if we keep on this way, the human race fill crumble away.

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2007, 10:51:08 pm »
Interresting way of looking at it. But, we may be evolving in different ways than physicaly. Bad eye sight could also be blamed on reading constantly too. Obeisity may also be caused by the Cr*&$ the big buisnesses are putting in animals these days. Did you know most of the beef, chiken and pork raised in the states has been injected with steroids and other hormones and antibiotics to force them to mature more quickly and keep them artificially healthy untill slaughter? Its true! Ever wonder why children 10-12 years old are nearly fully developed by that early age here in the states or why some people cant loose weight? Its whats in the beef!!! Go hunt and save your children!!!