Author Topic: nice bunch  (Read 10523 times)

a finnish native

nice bunch
« on: April 10, 2007, 11:29:48 am »
I was out shooting today with my friend. I had two arrows with me and I was shooting at a juice can from about 12-13 yards. I kept on shooting and then I hear this click. I could only see one arrow and then it hit me: I had hit the other arrow! as I went to check I noticed that the arrow that I had shot last was broken at the tip. the otherone was pushed into the snow. If I had had broadheads it would have been a robin hood shot.. ;D
This is the second time this happens to me. my arrows were from Rowan. only two fletches in each. weight about 820 grains. I used bullet shells as blunt tips. bow was 72#.
anyone else had this happen to him ( or her)?

Offline DanaM

Re: nice bunch
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 12:04:03 pm »
Had one with a compound stuck two aluminum shafts together, but that don't count i was using training wheels ;D

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 06:20:50 pm »
You mean one of these.  I shoot the nocks off occasionally, but this is the first one I have split the shaft.  I was using field points.  Justin

[attachment deleted by admin]
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 10:57:20 pm »

I've had a couple of robin hoods with compounds...doesn't count. I've split several arrows over the past 20 years or so of traditional.

I'm doing more of that now then ever before...split arrows from hitting trees, rocks, etc. ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...