Author Topic: where are you guys getting your cane/boo at  (Read 4969 times)

Offline aznboi3644

Re: where are you guys getting your cane/boo at
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 06:31:45 pm »
It gets around 4*F around here some winters...the bamboo is tough...its a survivor.

Offline dan catalyst

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 06:59:53 pm »
where i live on the brazos river, it grows all over.ive givin it up and switched to birch, but have plenty if anyone needs some.

Offline ericw

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 07:05:11 pm »
What dept in Tractor Supply did you find it. How many are in a bundle?
Thanks

Offline andy thomas

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 12:22:33 am »
eric i found it in the discontinued seasonal stuff. just go in and ask if they have any bamboo stakes for gardening

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 08:49:06 am »
I got mine bundle from Eddie...He bought it in Lakeland Florida...got some nice stuff out of it....but the sweetest came from Cora and David Knight....I tried growing Bamboo here in the Texas Panhandle...got a starter from Eddie...but it hasn't amounted to squat so far...about 320 culms...and none taller than 2 foot...and they are spindly like a piece of Saw Grass....guess it must be the Alkali Soil here or something....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 07:41:41 pm »
Hey what about NY I have kept my eye open but only find Viburnum also some other typ of plant along the river that looks like cane but it snaps too easy!  Bamboo can grow in up to 30 below zero as Japan and parts of china can get very cold..also I have grew arrow bamboo and black bamboo for a greenhouse once.  Im looking for some cane or boo of somekind that I can cut myself, if it is local Id rather than have to buy it.

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill