Author Topic: critique  (Read 6811 times)

jamie

critique
« on: April 12, 2007, 07:01:17 pm »
need some help on tiller . i hit weight but would like your opinion . would of liked to have more bend in the top limb near riser. top limb is longer. it was supposed to be an elb. belly is rounded and deep. wood is maple with hick back. i made a newbie mistake and when it wouldnt bend i broke out the farriers rasp. bow had an inch of reflex and after putting 3 dozen shafts through it it is dead even aafter unstringing and returned to 1/2" reflex. let me know before i go any further. peace

p.s. its my daughters room not mine lol

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: critique
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 07:06:32 pm »
Dang Jamie, I was worried for a minute.  I think you are right about the tiller. Maybe a little more bend on the upper. All in all, I would say its pretty darn good.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Minuteman

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 08:01:19 pm »
I think a small doll collection is ok for a man to keep around.   ;)??? ;D
 You always use the same pose, makes me think about you hidin' behind a  patch of briers about to skewer a deer's heart. Doesn't work too well in yer daughter's room though! If you had an arrow on the string the headline would read " Peeping  Tom Skewered By Homeowner" How far you figure a heart shot felon would run? :o
 Tiller looks good, at least the limbs match up.It could use a little more bend in the top limb inner third. Do you have a positive tiller yet? If its even ,takin' a little from the top limb would help that out.
 Chris

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 08:09:32 pm »
I'm with Justin, looks good, get her bending outside the handle and ya should be there.
VB

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 08:13:42 pm »
                        Iam with Vb an Justin maybe a bit higher than outside the handle ,top limb but close to it (handle ).....bob

jamie

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 08:40:41 pm »
thats what i figured. thanks. i new id get some good remarks on the room. now that was funny stuff.

a finnish native

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 09:35:03 am »
I'd say that more movement near the handle and around the tips. if you lose too much draw weight reflex it by dry heat and you will gain about 5-7 pounds more weight.