Author Topic: try something  (Read 6721 times)

jamie

try something
« on: April 13, 2007, 06:58:18 pm »
this bow was supposed to be an elb as in my last post. its maple with a hickory back tiller sucked and still does . the top limb is 2" longer. and developed a hing that i hust stopped caring about when i hit weight. i just decided to go shoot the bow and it blew my mind. this thing screams. i figured it would be a dud and just grabbed some arras to go shoot. the arras were 600 to 650 gr. when i took the first shot i figured i was hollucinating but it continued to perform shot after shot and smooth in the hand. heres some specs. bottom limb is 3/4" positive. bow is 66" long 1 1/4" wide tapering elb style from grip. 48#. it had 1-1/12" refex after gluing and settled dead nuts on bottom limb and 1/2" of set on top because of hinge. id love to see somebody else try this to see if its a fluke. i'll try to use my buddies chrono this weekend to see what it is. im gonna try another and see what happens. peace

jamie

Re: try something
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 07:07:57 pm »
oh yeah it has a very thick heavy linen string.

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 07:16:30 pm »
  Hmmm_interesting. How many strands is string, like 9 ?...............bob

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 07:27:20 pm »
Anybody else notice that he used a door jam to block us from seeing his room. After the last one, what could you be hiding Jamie.  ;D  I don't think the top limb looks all that bad.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 11:30:13 pm »
I think the tiller looks good. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 11:54:51 pm »
Jamie ,sound's impressive as you know what.To me it looks a little stiff above the handle.Does it bend in the handle or is it stiff? It's funny you posted this.I was in the shop this afternoon  and pulled out my first attempt of an ELB with osage from quite a few years ago.It's been so long ,I showed it to Marvin when he came down here.It developed a bad hinge?,or curve to the left.The bow was 70" long and was 1" wide from handle to tips.It had a "D" belly.
     Well it wasn't going to make the weight I wanted so I threw it in the corner of shame.This afternoon I took it out and decided to pike it to 60" and curve the one tip ,since they were both curved.The osage is almost chocolate in color and It looks like a promising project.I'm still going to finish it with a "D" belly and see if I can make 60# at 28".
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 12:52:35 am »
I agree the top limb is stiff above the handle, but other than that the tiller looks good. Let us now how it clocks. I don't use a chrono, but it is interesting to see compared to TBB.