Author Topic: Flint ridge Knap in  (Read 4066 times)

Offline wonderwolf

Flint ridge Knap in
« on: August 22, 2010, 03:02:49 pm »
Sept 2-5th, I live about 10 minutes away from flint ridge (just moved here about a year ago) What kind of things do they do? I'm having trouble finding info on the event. I've been wanting to knap and this I'm sure is the place to learn/do it so what should I expect?

Offline Hardawaypoints

Re: Flint ridge Knap in
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 06:51:44 pm »
I haven't made it there yet myself.  One of these days I will.  I heard that there are more rock vendors there than you can shake a billet at selling more types of rock than you can imagine.  There will be all kinds of tools & points for sale and pretty much anything knapping related.

There are pages and pages about the Flint Ridge Knap-In if you do a search for them.  I look forward to the day I get to go.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 10:08:14 am »
It's a blast! This will be my 4th year,hope to be there Thurs afternoon.The chips will be flying ;D
Bone pile
Venice Florida

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 05:43:42 pm »
Bonepile, I have been going for at least 3 yrs,I also received 2 points from you in a point trade an need to put a face with them. I,ll be there Friday afternoon  till sunday, Hope to catch up to you, Later Bob   Maybe we should all wear name tags ;D

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 05:47:33 pm »
Hey guys I'll be there late Friday night around midnight, leaving right after work.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 08:35:02 pm »
What Jesse said.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline nocams

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 10:33:02 am »
We have been trad bow now for about 5 years and pretty much know when and where all the big shoots and events are at across the country. However, we are babes when it comes to knap ins...... ? When and where are the major knap ins that you guys attend each year ? Which are  your favorites and why ? Would like to take Mason to a few if possible and learn more. Thanks for the help.

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 12:05:53 pm »
Moundville is a good one its an AL in the spring.
Centrial KY knap in is always good and its on the south side of louiville
i hear old stone fort is good but its opening week end of the TN deer session so i don't go to that one.
Flint ridge is the big one in this regain.
flys general store in TN is good.
North GA knap in is a big one too.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 12:53:07 pm »
 Bob, It's not hard to recognise Bonepile. Look for a 7' tall sasquatch with a beard.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 02:35:32 pm »
Eddie you forgot my smile,one only a mother pumpkin could love.Yeah lets get together and knock some rock.I'll be camping out in the feild somewere all weekend.Eric rocks is usally there he can point me out.I impailed myself at work the other day,almost broke my arm and had 12 stitches put in to close the hole up.I hope to be all healed up by then .See eveyone there!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bone pile
Venice Florida

Offline wonderwolf

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 02:56:27 pm »
I'm excited to learn, I've been into primitive for a long time but have never learned to knab. I'm still stuck in the iron age.

Offline Hardawaypoints

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 08:41:15 am »
Have a great time to everybody who gets to go.  I'll get there one day.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline wonderwolf

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 12:27:05 am »
Went today, walked around, talked to lots of people saw how things were done. Some of these guys traveled from far away to get there. Gonna go back tomorrow and pick up some things to get me going.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 12:47:15 am »
Take you camera!!!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline wonderwolf

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 12:51:19 am »
I actually did, though the disk was full (older camera) from dove hunting this morning.