Author Topic: Need advice from the guitar players  (Read 6125 times)

Offline jonathan creason

Re: Need advice from the guitar players
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 12:21:23 pm »
Thanks for the advice, guys.  An electric may not be a bad idea for him, plus it does have a higher "cool factor" for a youngster.  That is, until he decides he wants to take it everywhere and I get nominated to be the roadie.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 09:33:32 pm »
Just don't buy the Marshall half-stack until he's old enough to tote it himself. :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 09:41:07 pm »
Haha, I actually had that thought earlier when you mentioned an electric guitar.  Get him a Marshall, run it through a fuzz box, tune it low, and let him shake the neighbor's house.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 10:03:13 pm »
That Marshall will have plenty of built-in house-shaking tube-driven fuzz. Might I suggest a seven-string for the really low crunchy death metal riffs? ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 10:29:11 am »
amen on the 7 string the B is always lower then a drop D guitar lol  ;D ;D
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2010, 04:40:51 pm »
Well, one of my good friends gave my son one of his electric guitars over the weekend.  The only condition was he had to use it or give it back.  So far it's spent more time out of the case than in it.  We showed him a few basic chords, and he's having fun just strumming them and tinkering with different notes and the sounds they make.  I need to find him a small amp to keep in his room, probably just a portable one for now.  My buddy mentioned putting a capo on the neck so he wouldn't have to reach as far to learn the chords, which sounded like a good idea to me.

He even got me to try to play some again the other night, and I got to admit it was pretty fun.  My fingers are stiff as hell from years of heavy lifting, so I had some trouble keeping up but I had a good time trying.  Might have to dust off my old el cheapo and make some racket with the boy eventually.
Cleveland, NC

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2010, 05:37:41 pm »
gratz man i am happy he got one you could capo at the 12 fret it should make it easyr to play 
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995