Author Topic: Mollegabet bows??  (Read 7701 times)

Offline Ifrit617

Mollegabet bows??
« on: August 31, 2010, 07:53:44 pm »
Hi everybody....

Does anybody know if any of the TBB volumes talk about mollegabet bows or give dimensions for this type of bow?

Also do any of you know of any good build alongs for this bow type?

I have seen many bows of this type on this site and they are all beautiful.

Also do you leave the tips of these bows thick and unbending or do they bend the same amount as the rest of the limb?

Thanks.

Offline andy thomas

Re: Mollegabet bows??
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 08:24:09 pm »
if you do a search you will see some but here is one i found with dimensions from half eye i do believe
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,20092.0.html

Offline jeff halfrack

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 08:27:01 pm »
   I   would  also  like  to  know  more  about  the  dimensions  of  these  bow,,,,  I  love   the  new  bow  that  gothmog  just  posted!!!    that  is  what  I would  like to  try,  so  thanks  for  any  help  Jeff W

Offline RyanY

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 09:00:32 pm »
The TBB talk a little about this design although I don't think it is referred to as mollegabet. With this design inner limbs are left wide so more wood is available to do the work that the nonbending portion of the limb would normally do. By keeping the tips stiff they act more as levers than a regular limb which both increases cast and decreases stacking. Perhaps the greatest advantage of this design is that while the tips are kept stiff, they can also be made extremely thin in width (meaning depth will have to be greater to keep from bending) which decreases mass and allows for greater cast. If the tips are not kept thin (IMHO should be less than 3/8") then the bow will shoot just as any other. Also because of the sudden transition at mid limb from wide to thin, if not kept in check mass can build up there as well.

Offline adb

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 10:37:39 pm »
I did a build along on a Holmie in the how to section, maybe check it out if you're interested. Cheers.

Offline n2huntn

• jeff_smith13@hotmail.com ROLL TIDE !
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 02:19:11 am »
I have built a few and love the design, especially in a short bow which I use in my blind. Half Eye is the man to talk to for this type of bow.
Jeff
Genesis 27: 3

Offline elk country rp

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 02:36:32 am »

Offline finnfoto

• Shoot straight and have fun.
    • www.finandfoto.com
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 07:37:29 am »
Check out the one listed on ebay. type in ancient bows.  .  Mr. mears has a beautiful reproduction on there.  ;D
Sam Wagaman