Author Topic: getting better at instinctive shooting vid.  (Read 21530 times)

Offline Jesse

getting better at instinctive shooting vid.
« on: April 16, 2007, 11:22:26 pm »
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://vid168.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid168.photobucket.com/albums/u169/WIbowyer/unsortedfloridalandscapehomeect.flv"></embed>
  This got deleted but i got it back. sorry to anyone who tried to view it before.
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://vid168.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid168.photobucket.com/albums/u169/WIbowyer/unsortedfloridalandscapehomeect-1.flv"></embed>
 I am finaly learning to hit what I see I find the more I try to figure out what I am doing the worse I get. The only way I can shoot acurately under presure is by shooting instinctivly. For target shooting at a known yardage with a consistant stance and form you can sight down the arrow and shoot three fingers under. But for hunting instinctive is the way to go.  Actualy its not truly instinctive because you have to learn it but the key is to have full confidence that you will release when it feels right.
                                              Jesse
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 02:51:51 pm by WIBOWYER »
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: getting better at instinctive shooting vid.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 01:28:08 am »
I guess thats OK, but you completely missed the camera.  Seriously, that is pretty darn good shooting.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

wolf among dogs

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 01:42:05 am »
 Very Nice shot !

duffontap

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 06:55:40 pm »
How many days did it take you to film that?  That's pretty good.  What kind of bow are you shooting?

J. D. Duff

Offline Jesse

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 08:08:54 pm »
Lol the first try I hit the bottle on the backwards shot then I was going to shoot the stick it was on but after about a half hour of  missing one or the other  I settled on nicking the bottle and then hitting it.  The bow is my first traditional bow I have been hunting with it for years but have not been much good with it until reading become the arrow. Its a timberline safari by Pete George 60# at 28" I would be using the one I just made if I could get the finish done. Thanks for the compliments.

Jesse
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline tgr

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 09:54:57 am »
Any websites or tutorials on "instinctive shooting".  I would like to hunt this year but I am a lousy shot.  I'm  concerned about making an ethical shot.  From 17yds I can hit a 2.5' x 2.5' target but rarely in the bullseye!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 06:04:21 pm »
Forget the bulls eye. Deer don't wear them. I use no referance marks on my targets. I concebtrate on where I want the arrow to go and if I am within a few inches, I'm good.   If you can consistantly put your arrows in a 8" circle at your chosen range you should be good to go. ;)    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 07:03:16 pm »
                    Like Pat said, forget bullseye. You should concentrate on a small spot. Orange dots about 1"  in circumference can be pasted on your target, get em' at wally world. Also deer dont have orange spots. When you can put 6 arrows around em or in 'em you dont need em dont put em' on and shoot for 1st arrow you fire. Like he said 8" group is good. Practice from different positions, standing ,bent over, kneeling etc and start slow and then get faster an faster still with good form. IMHO you have 3-5 secs to get a shot off, animals dont stand still fer ya. I hunt from ground so if stand huntin maybe your time frame is longer.........bob

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 11:35:22 pm »
Bob, I thought that is why I was trying to get so close. I had to put the little orange sticker on them.  No wonder I never get anything. I thought about putting the sticker backwards on a blunt then shooting it at the deer. The sticker would stick on the deer, then I would have a target.  Somehow I think there is a flaw in my logic, but I just cant put a finger on it.  ??? Maybe you guys can help.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 01:44:16 am »
Jet Lag!!! ;D    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 04:18:01 am »
 Justin my friend , Y'all have to much time on yer hands :D....bob

a finnish native

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 12:46:16 pm »
for some reason there is no link for me :(

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2007, 05:27:39 pm »
What works for me...when I don't flinch that is... :)

I first extend my arm toward the target and slowly draw trying to maintain my concentration on a small spot I want to hit through the draw. After I touch anchor, I try my best to hold my bow arm solid through the release. I don't have trouble reaching anchor, it's the follow through that is tough for me. If I hold the bow as if at full draw until the arrow hits the target, I'm usually in there pretty good.

Much easier said then done for me. Practice, practice, practice! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline PeteC

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 04:48:37 pm »
What do you do to watch the video?I'm computer illiterate.    Thanks, God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2007, 05:24:08 pm »
Pete, I think a time limit went out on that video. :(   Pat