Linked Events

• Fort Bridger Mtn Man Rendez: September 03, 2010 - September 06, 2010

Author Topic: Fort Bridger Mt. Man Rendezvous  (Read 2497 times)

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
Fort Bridger Mt. Man Rendezvous
« on: September 02, 2010, 12:14:13 am »
September 3-6
Fort Bridger Wyoming
The Fort Bridger Rendezvous is a mountain man rendezvous in celebration of the Fur Trade Rendezvous Era that occurred in the Rocky Mountains between 1825-1840. It is one of the largest mountain man gatherings in the nation.
Held annually the first weekend of September at Fort Bridger Wyoming, this Mountain Man Rendezvous is an experience your family will be sure to remember for years. Come and experience historic Fort Bridger at its best!
Admission for the general public is $4.00 for everyone 12 years and up. Come authentically dressed from head to toe in mountain man garb, or any pre-1840 clothing and get in free! State regulations prohibit alcohol consumption. Dogs are welcome, however, please review the dog policy before bringing your dog(s) as violators will be fined. Remember you are on a State historic site which is under the direction of Wyoming State Parks Division.

Notice:    “Fire wood this year will be scarce bring your own”.

fortbridgerrendezvous.net/
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Fort Bridger Mt. Man Rendezvous
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 12:20:21 am »
I've always wanted to go to Ft Bridger.  I know plenty of old timers that remember when it was "hell with the lid blown off", but none of them go anymore because they say it is nothing but a tourist trap and flea market.  Several friends of mine are career traders in the Rendezvous circles and they all claim they make up to 50% of their annual income off that one event.  Be fun if a crowd of us tree scrapers and rock knockers were to go and take up a quiet corner of the event some year. 

To all you traders out there worrying about the economy, I wish you well and hope to drop more of my hard earned buckskins at your marquee soon!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.