Author Topic: Hunting is out for me this year  (Read 19363 times)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: Hunting is out for me this year
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 01:40:14 pm »
Thank you Scott.  I WILL get a deer with a bow crafted by my own hand eventually.  :) Thanks for the kind words.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 02:15:38 pm »
Josh, sorry to hear about your troubles. You are in our thoughts.
  I missed hunting season last year. Didn't go once and I'm here and ready for this years season. Do as the docs tell you and get yourself healthy so you can get back to this addiction we call primitive archery.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Josh

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 02:17:36 pm »
Thanks Pat.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline cracker

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 02:37:00 pm »
Hope the best for you try not to worry my father in law had the same thing done and he was back to his usual ormery self in no time.
Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 03:16:05 pm »
Here's to pulling for you and prayin that it will all work out for the best.
I bet you will be building bows, hunting and knapping again before you know it.
luck
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Parnell

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 03:24:56 pm »
Hey Josh,

Very concerning news, but like others have said there is much to look on the bright side of.  As far as the hunt, well a year passes mighty quick, right?!
Don't worry about the knapping, cross one bridge at a time.  Who knows, maybe you'll figure out a solution in time.  
Great to hear you're getting married, I married at the same age as you.  My wife had major surgery almost a year ago, and I've been more of the care-giver, but it really reinforces how tremendous marriage can be.  I'm happy for you with that news.  I really hope I can meet you at the Classic this year.  You'll be in my thoughts, brother.

Stephen Parnell  
1’—>1’

Offline Josh

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 04:59:31 pm »
Thank you Ron, Wade and Stephen.  I feel alot better knowing I have the support of my PA friends.  It makes it a little easier to deal with now.  When I posted this last night I was still getting over the initial shock of what the Cardiologist told me yesterday evening.  Nothing like a cold douse of water in the face like this to remind you about what's important in life. I feel better about it today. Thanks again everyone.  :)

Offline jeff halfrack

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 05:15:32 pm »
  Josh,, it's  guys  like  you  that  make  us  come  here!  you'll  mend  we'll  pray  for  you!!!  you  have  a lot  of  living  to  do yet.   we'll  be  pulling  for you!!!!    JEFF W

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 10:42:28 pm »
And Josh....My Friend ...and Fellow Wood Whittler...if you want one of your Bows to draw Blood this Year....send one to Texas...I will break it in on one of these few I seen on my Lease....You tell Me which one...and I'll go and get Him for Ya........... ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Josh

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 11:06:38 pm »
Good Lord Mike!   Those are some serious deer my friend...  :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 12:54:52 am »
 Josh; You can live hunting season through all your buddies on here. Your health is the most important thing for you and your fiance. If you need some venison let me know. I'll be thinking about you, buddy. You're young and have plenty of time.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 07:02:15 am »
Thoughts and prayers are with you Josh, take care of yourself first,My buddy Gary Davis had open heart surgery last year,it took him about 3 months to start back debarking and scraping on bows and not much longer than that to start shooting again,He had to start with a light bow but what the heck he was shooting. Like you said it is such a big part of a lot of us here's life ,I really feel for you. I had to give up a season a few years back because of some surgery,it sucked but better than no more seasons at all. I will be thinking about you. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Josh

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010, 12:29:12 pm »
Thanks Jeff, Eddie, and Pappy... If I can get back to it after 3 months it won't be so bad... I should be good as new by the Classic in May anyways.  :)  I can probably still make arrows and straighten cane shafts or something while I am waiting to be able to shoot and build bows again... Never can have too many arrows I guess. I have the materials to make a few dozen arrows but only have 5 that are shootable.  :)

HatchA

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 12:44:45 pm »
A little premature but wishing you all the best for your op, recovery AND of course your wedding and honeymoon!!  Good times to come, followed by some worries but from what the guys "in the know" have said, you're in good hands and will do just fine ;) 

I'm curious why you have to stop knapping though?  Is it in case you cut yourself in the process and the thinners stop clotting?

All the best man,

Steve

Offline Josh

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2010, 02:41:33 pm »
Yes, Steve.  I am afraid of springing a leak and never getting it to stop.  :o   Thanks for the good wishes my friend.  :)