Author Topic: Hunting is out for me this year  (Read 19362 times)

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
Re: Hunting is out for me this year
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2010, 03:30:14 pm »
Prayers sent for you brother of the bow I am certain you will remain a strong warrior through all that befalls you... Hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline PaganArcher

• Pagan Blood Runs Through These Veins
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2010, 11:09:34 pm »
I know I just joined the site, but I hope everything goes as well as it can go. My great grandfather died of a heart attack caused by high blood pressure beause he didn't catch it in time and it was tragic. Blessed be and may the stars watch over you.
Blessed Be and may Odin welcome you into his Hall when the Valkyries call for you.

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2010, 03:20:10 am »
Josh You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers!I know surgery is a scary thing at our age as i can attest although mine wasnt quite as invasive but its a good thing.mainthing is get to know your doc and trust in him/her!There are some really great medical advancements out there(i've got a prototype disk in my neck and so far so good!)They know what they are doing and do it every day!My soon to be stepdaughter is refrained to a wheel chair and has had 9 surgerys on her back fusing her spine from top to bottom.I think we can all take a little inspiration from her as she has the best outlook on life and the best personality of anyone i've met!You can do this and the deer and bows will wait!In the meantime you should have a headful of ideas for bows come scrapin time!Congrats on getting married and i wish you the best of luck.were her for ya man.Take care,

Randy Peake
Hello everyone.My name is Randy and I am addicted to THWACK!!

Southwest,VA

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2010, 02:55:52 pm »
Thanks Mike, Pagan, and Randy, sorry to hear about your step daughter, it is awesome that she remains so positive, I believe that it truly helps any situation.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 06:52:15 pm by Josh »
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 01:19:26 am »
Hey Josh,
Congrats on getting all fixed up!  In more ways than one apparently.  I'm gonna play the odds here, and wish you luck with the marriage, statistically a much shakier success rate than the surgery!  And if you choose not to miss the season, but rather "postpone" it, who would judge you harshly?  Shooting in the dark is more challenging/sporting anyway, right?
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 07:44:47 pm »
Sorry to hear about it, Josh, but I bet you'll be back at it in no time. My grandfather had the same thing done at a much more advanced age, and he spent many years afterwards doing pretty much the same things he had always done. Oh, and congrats on the upcoming wedding.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Josh

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 07:57:00 pm »
Thanks for the words of encouragement Zen.  I think I am gonna wait til next year so it will be legal.  ;) Don't wanna stress my new heart valve too much worrying if I am about to be busted by the game warden ya know.

Thank you Steve. I gotta at least make it to next year's Classic so I can listen to you guys rockin out on the accoustics again.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2010, 11:06:44 pm »
You'll be there Josh...with your brand new Wife...and a big old Scar to talk about...and the stories to tell about it all....I have faith that You will come out of this better than before..
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 11:29:44 pm »
I'll save you some elk chops if I can fill my tag, it's a promise...wouldn't want you to undo all that surgery by eating nasty fatty unhealthy *gag* beeg!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2010, 11:30:29 pm »
beeg = beef.

Sorry, puked on my keyboard.

Offline Josh

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2010, 03:52:59 pm »
Thanks Mike and JW.  :)   Mike I doubt I can talk my wife into coming to the Classic with me, she's not much of a camper LOL.  JW thanks for the offer on the Elk chops, I would take elk over "beeg" any day.   ;D

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2010, 10:58:48 pm »
Jeez, way to make me feel self-conscious about my typographical error. 

I would use the spell checker, but it was installed by my ex-wife and every time I use the spell checker it tells me to add more "eye of newt" and stuff like that.

Offline Josh

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2010, 01:04:49 am »
 ;D  Good stuff.

Offline red pony

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2010, 12:09:21 am »
Sorry to hear of your situation with your health.  My mother inlaw had a similar case at 68 and went on to enjoy her ball room dancing till she was 83.  Mom could sure cut a rug!  You and yours are in my prayers

Offline Josh

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2010, 12:05:46 am »
Thank you so much for the prayers and words of encouragement, Red Pony.