Author Topic: Need clean, dry, short piece of osage.  (Read 2959 times)

old foul dude

Need clean, dry, short piece of osage.
« on: September 02, 2010, 10:53:03 pm »
I am still trying to figure out this bow making thing. I have done a board bow in Red Oak and Hickory, And my last try was a Locust plains bow from a fence post. I'd like to try a plains bow in osage if anyone has a short stave they would like to trade me. I'm not all that skillfull, so the cleaner and straighter the better. Nothing premium cause I might screw it up.  Thanks

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Need clean, dry, short piece of osage.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 11:34:26 pm »
What do you have to trade?  And how short are you looking for?
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

old foul dude

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 12:14:39 pm »
I have 50 years worth of hunting, fishing, shooting, and military odds and ends. Give me an idea what you value the wood at and what shipping would be. I'm pretty sure I'll have something of interest. Since this will be a training bow, I figured a piece too short for a good hunting bow would be easy to part with. If it works out like my locust, it will end up being a kids bow anyway. Between 40" and 50" would be good.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 12:32:25 pm by old foul dude »

Offline WOODSLORE

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 03:40:52 pm »
I have a nice 43" osage piece about 3" wide and 4" thick that has a few nice curves in it and is all dry and ready. I love blackpowder shooting so if ya got any thing related to that Id love to see it or just tell me what else ya got. I have been wantin to trade this thing for a while cause its too small for any type of bow I would want and I have a good supply of ash and maple to play with, so I would be glad to part with it.
Paleo arts are a long sent gift from our ancestors.

If primitive meant dumb......none of us would have been born!

old foul dude

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 09:42:00 pm »
PM sent

old foul dude

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 02:28:13 pm »
Made a trade today, Thanks