Author Topic: An Afternoon On MY New Deer Lease (Picture Heavy)  (Read 14034 times)

Offline RG

Re: An Afternoon On MY New Deer Lease (Picture Heavy)
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 06:59:44 pm »
Dang EL looks like I need to get down to Texas sometime

Ron

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 07:15:44 pm »
wow LD really nice pics.
Looks like a great place...
Need any company? :)
later
N2

You are welcome any time you show up...that is During Season........... >:D

And Ron....My Friend...especially You...come anytime...I got a room for you to stay...how about three hots and a cot....and no Bars on the Doors even......... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 11:29:59 pm »
Here are a few from this evening also...and a couple shots of the wonderful Texas Scenery....... ::) Thats the Conoco/Phillips Refinewry in the Background iof that one picture....it's 14 miles away in this Picture...that should tell you how deep these Draws are to be able to see that far away...

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline sailordad

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 12:16:31 am »
thats purty country

dont look like much for bow wood,but i bet there some decent rock to beat on around there
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2010, 01:35:51 am »
Pretty....Yeah it was pretty from about June of 82...to August 82...then all it was...was Hot...Dry...and Windy...every damned day...I don't see any beauty in it anymore...When I close my Eyes...I see one of two Places...Marquette County, Upper Michigan....or a Piece of Heaven on Asley Road in Chapmansboro Tennessee.....now thats Purty Country...

And as for Bow Hunting...a good Guille Suit...and lots of Scent Destroyer...and any of them Mesquites are fair cover to hunt Mulies...now the Whitetail are a bit trickier in this Open Country...but I manage........ ;)

Now Bow Wood...aint much where I live...gotta drive a 120 miles to get to any Bodark...Ash...or Locust...nothing here but Cottonwoods...and Mesquites...and a few scattered Soapberry and Hackberry...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 01:40:15 am by El Destructo »
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 03:05:08 pm »
Pretty pictures and nice deer ElD.  If you need some Bodark, just stop by the next time you visit your friend over Dallas way.  There are 3 or 4 chunks I can't lift in my pile.  Be happy to get rid of 1, even if I have to split it for ya so it fits in your vehicle.   I need to move all the bow wood off the rack because it's settled a foot in the ground.  That osage is HEAVY.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2010, 03:07:58 am »
Thanks George...don't have too many Friends near Dallas though...Cowboy is about the Closest....But I bet that Bodark down there has some rings that You can see to chase......... :P

This little Bugger came in to my Feeder last night...take a look at the Ear...I wonder what bites the Ear off a Buck?? Maybe that Mountain Lion I seen last week?? If He was 6 or 7 and with the Ear gone....would look like an Old Warrior on the Wall...but He's just a Babe!

[attachment deleted by admin]
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2010, 01:35:55 pm »
Dang, I don't know on that one.  You'd think if the cougar got close enough to bite the ear he'd have gone for the neck and killed him.  Maybe a coyote got him when he was a fawn?  I did hear a fawn distress call when I lived up north and when I got there 2 coyotes were on it and one had it by the ear.   I thought the little thing was toast but it got up and ran off after I chased off the coyotes.  The doe was hanging around about 40 yards away so I assume it made it to her, Whether the coyotes came back and finished the deal I don't know.

I'm sorry, it is Kent D that has friends over by me.  I've never been as far west in Texas as you are, but hope to someday.  Some of the wood I have is decent for growth rings, but the one I just did had really fine rings.  If you come over Dallas-way you are certainly welcome to a stave or 2.  Sounds like you have osage  closer than me though.

Love the velvet pictures.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2010, 01:59:38 pm »
Google Stinnett Texas...I live in the Middle of the Staked Plains...a nice way of saying nothing but Canyons and Desert!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2010, 02:12:48 pm »
Wow, my son-in-law's parents in Weatherford, OK are quite a bit closer to you than I am northeast of Dallas.  Mapquest says almost 400 miles, bout the same as round trip to my lease near Abilene.  We don't have muley's though.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2010, 06:36:00 pm »
We have Mulie...Whitetail ...Antelope...Barbary Sheep...Aodad Sheep.....Wild Hogs...not to mention Dove...Quail...Turkey...Prairie Chicken...and Pheasant..and the the Predator list.....Coyote...Bobcat....Lynx....and Mountain Lions

175 miles from my Door to Weatherford Oklahoma...been through there twice already this Year...once going to Pappy's...and then just last month when I went back to Upper Michigan....amn are they ever building the crap out of Wind Mills there ....somebody is getting rich!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2010, 08:48:03 pm »
Yes they are.  One of them toppled over early on and they put one of the blades in a park in Weatherford.  On one of my trips there I took pictures of it, I had no idea how big those windmills really are.  For a change my phone took really nice pictures, that's my buddy in the hub, he's about 5'6".

Sorry for the hijack.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2010, 09:13:39 pm »
aint Hijacking nuthin........ ;)
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline sailordad

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2010, 09:27:46 pm »
we have them springing up here in minnesota as well
mostly in the sw part of the state but other areas as well

i think the ones in texas are owned by some multi billionare that is trying real hard to push the advancement of wind power use
i forget his name off hand
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2010, 10:06:55 pm »
How can You forget...T.Boone Pickens http://www.famoustexans.com/boonepickens.htm ...Oil Tycoon....Corporate Raider....an 80+ year old Shiester....out to make as much as He can before He dies...aint got a Kid to give it ...so whats the sense?? Google His Ranch here in Roberts Couty in the Texas Panhandle...He has spent 100's of Millions on it...importing Rocks and Trees...and shit...hell His Servants Quarters are twice the size of My House!! He's not just trying to make Money off of Texas' Wind...he is trying to pump every drop of the Ogalalla Aquifer out and sell it all to San Antonio and El Paso...nuffsaid...I don't want to get on a Rant hee..... ;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._Boone_Pickens
2024...We Will Overcome