Author Topic: Yooper Moves To Texas / Dear Diary  (Read 11845 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: Yooper Moves To Texas / Dear Diary
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2010, 05:32:00 pm »

El D, that must be fun on a motorcycle, during the winter, when there is ice on the grating! :o

Wayne

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2010, 05:53:34 pm »
Wayne the last time I looked...there weren't any studded tires for a Harley....not too many people....Yooper included....that ride Shooters in Da Snow...Ey
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline sailordad

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 12:05:06 am »
Wayne the last time I looked...there weren't any studded tires for a Harley....not too many people....Yooper included....that ride Shooters in Da Snow...Ey

theres a harley rider in the small town my cousin owns a bar in,it s about 85 miles north of me in minnesota.
my cousin told me this guy rides his harley EVERY day of the year thru town and back home.
its about a 5 mile trip.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2010, 12:12:28 am »
Tim....When I lived in Marquette...I had a 1964 650 Bonnie...and thats all I had...so I drove it Rain ...Shine or Snow too...What I did was took small 3/16" Sheetmetal Screws and threaded them into the Tread on the front and back Tires for added Traction...worked sort of like Studs...had to replace them quite a bit though...they would come out...people thought I was nuts...especially after I broke my ankle...and would still ride with the Walking Cast on...and wrapped up in a Towel stuffed in a Bunny Bread Wrapper.....to keep it warm and dry.... ;D We also used to race our Dirt Bikes on the Ice Rinks too...I am sure that they still do it back Home....they used to turn every Softball Field into an Ice Rink every Winter for the Public...well Hurley Field in South Marquette...We used to have Roundy-Round Races every other week on it with Dirt Bikes...that was way cool...almost as fun as racing Snowmobiles on Lake Superior in the Summer.......... :P
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 12:16:07 am by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2010, 09:49:08 am »
mike, when was the last time you went to the submarine races at Happy Rock? 

piper

(you've gotta be a real Yooper to get this one)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2010, 11:02:51 pm »
 Mike;  When I moved to Colorodo in '77, the guy I worked with had a Norton 850 Commando and I had my Triumph Bonnie. We did the screw thing after ordering knobbie tires and raced Pikes Peak that year. It was cool to just do it. They let the Limey bikes go first before they cut loose all the rice burnners.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2010, 12:06:14 am »
mike, when was the last time you went to the submarine races at Happy Rock? 

piper

(you've gotta be a real Yooper to get this one)

Well Keith...I used to go out and park and watch the Submarine races back Home...but never went to Gladstone (Happy Rock) to "DO IT"........... >:D....used to just go out by Suicide Hill...or the dead River Basin and I'd watch em...... ;)

For those that haven't figured it out yet.....you will..... ;D
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2010, 01:19:14 am »
that was some kinda funny! lol

pete, agreed. humidity sucks.  :(
lets just shoot it