Author Topic: Side Quiver (Pic)  (Read 25862 times)

Offline Key

Side Quiver (Pic)
« on: April 20, 2007, 07:56:22 am »
I thought I would share a picture of a side quiver I made this week.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Roger

Dale

Re: Side Quiver (Pic)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 10:59:10 am »
Nice looking quiver.  The small knife sheath is a nice touch.

Bob S.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 11:01:09 am »
Beautiful quiver Roger. I've made a couple out of birch bark, but nothing as nice as that. That gets me thinking. I have a few beaver hides that I held back, when I sold my fur last winter. Nice heavy leather. Maybe a rawhide quiver.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 11:26:22 am by Bob S. »

Offline Key

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 11:35:50 am »
Thanks for the nice comments guys. Bob, post a picture of you beaver hide quiver when you get it finished.
Roger

Bob S.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 11:52:21 am »
I'm going to have to get a new camera first. Who would have thought they couldn't swim? ::)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 12:38:13 pm »
Nice quiver Roger. Would you show us a few more showing the other details.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 05:18:44 pm »
That is a nice quiver.  More pictures PLEASE.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 07:27:21 pm »
Looks really nice, Job well done

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 08:05:35 pm »
Very nice quiver. Good job.
      Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Dustybaer

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 05:22:56 am »
yep, very nice.  i like the color.  but, like justin, i'd like to see more pictures  ;D

Offline Key

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 12:12:58 am »
Well you guys wanted a few more pictures so I took some last night. I wiill post them and cover a few more details about the  quiver. In this picture I am showing oh I can remove an arrow with my right hand and keeping my had low and close to me reducing the movement compared to a back quiver.

Roger

Offline Key

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 12:16:20 am »
This is a picture of the top of the quiver. I used black rivens to attach the leather band around the top and stiched the side and and the sheath.
I did us contact cement before using rivets or sticking on all areas I connected with them.

Roger

Offline Key

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 12:20:17 am »
This is a pictue of the bottome of the quiver. I covered a small pc of 1/2 inch wood with leather on the bottom and put foam on the other side for the tips of the arrows to rest on. Again, I used contact cement and than stiched the side and drove, in this case, black tacks into the wood.

Roger

Offline Key

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 12:33:43 am »
This picture shows the arrows in the quiver and the strap that goes over the shoulder. The strap is stiched on the bottom and the top after the contact cement was applied.

Years ago I purched a side quiver and it was the best hunting quiver I have ever used. Shooting different spinned arrows for different bows I had to change out arrows. In stead of buying another I just made this up from some cordova and the strap from cow hide. Both were left over from other project and came to good use.

One thing I want to point out is, by using the cordova, I had to secure a smaller pc of arrow shaft in side on the back of the quiver to help on it up right and ridged. If I would have made it out of heavier leather I would not  have  had to do this.

The small "neck knife" I made for a saw blade with a wood handle.

Roger

Offline Key

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 12:45:17 am »
Here is how the quiver will "ride" as I wear it shooting and hunting.

Roger