Author Topic: Side Quiver (Pic)  (Read 25900 times)

Offline Uncouth

Re: Side Quiver (Pic)
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 12:58:10 am »
That's a beautiful quiver. Please forgive my inexperience, but won't the fletching on the arrows get damaged as you pull them out the side of the quiver?
But thats just my opinon, I could be wrong.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 01:54:10 am »
Uncouth, pulling the fletchings threw the soft leather quiver like that will do less damage than when it goes across the arrow shelf at 160 fps when you shoot.  I have shot some arrows 1000 times before I have had to replace the fletchings.  Ill bet I still do more damage while the arrows are in my truck than anything else.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Dustybaer

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 05:06:43 am »
way cool roger, thanks for the additional pics.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 07:24:26 am »
Thanks for the details key. Super job.

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Uncouth

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 07:47:58 pm »
Now that you mention itthat does make sense, and now that I think about it you would be pulling them with the grain rather than against. Nice.
But thats just my opinon, I could be wrong.

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 04:01:28 am »

always good to see other peoples quiver solutions; niceone this is!

frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline Stonedog

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 06:36:31 pm »
Very nice!  I am passionate about leather work!  I make mine own quivers, knife sheaths, mocs, turnshoes, shoe pacs and even mine own leather water bottles (canteen to you moderns, costrel to you medievals)....

My stuff aint fancy, but its sturdy, hand sewn and done neatly.  Its better than we can buy and on par with anything made!  Yeah I a, braggin' I know....

But with a nice lookin' quive rlike that its OK to brag a bit.....or maybe I am just talking shop with a fellow leather worker??
Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

-Aiel Saying

Offline DanaM

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 09:21:07 pm »
Ahem... pictures stonedog

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI