Author Topic: Wife comes to my defense  (Read 5898 times)

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

Wife comes to my defense
« on: September 16, 2010, 03:32:06 pm »
Thought this was pretty cute of my wife, she is always quick to come to my defense and seems to think pretty high of me hunting primitive. Like a time when she was in Georgia on vacation and told a guy about me calling in and killing turkeys using only my voice, which i do pretty good with high pitched yelps and cuts and such.  but anyways the guy though i musta been using a diaphram call but she assured him that i wasnt and he and she argued for 20 minutes b\c he said it was impossible for me to call in a turkey without a call...lol

But anyways, thats not the real story.   I was talking to a guy telling him that i am a bowyer by trade and i make and hunt with my own bows and kill deer every year with them and he thought that was great and said, "you know my son (mid 30's in age) is looking for a new bow" .."i want him to see your bows b\c he is ready to buy one any day now and he should love these".
     So here comes his son and says great let me see what you got, so i whipped out a couple of my really nice hunting selfbows... He scoffed and said  "No, thats ok, I am looking for a real bow"    lol    so i dont mind, i am used to that so i just chuckled and said no problem, these arent for everyone.
       So my wife got pretty irritated and says  " what's he looking for a bow with training wheels? shit i thought he said he wanted a real bow."
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline Thwackaddict

Re: Wife comes to my defense
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 03:57:50 pm »
sweet!!Good on her!!Some people dont know their head from a hole in the ground!His loss!
Hello everyone.My name is Randy and I am addicted to THWACK!!

Southwest,VA

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 03:58:19 pm »
LOL.  Sometimes people just don't get it I guess and there's no point trying to explain it further to them.  Most of them can be swayed over to our side of the fence when they actually get to shoot a wooden/traditional bow but there are a few that just never will get it.  You have an awesome wife that stands behind you and that is worth more than all the money in the world. :) :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Cacatch

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 04:58:26 pm »
No doubt! Exactly what Josh just said.  That is awesome that your wife spoke up, though! One day I expect that kid will know the error of his ways.

CP

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 05:41:04 pm »
Probably Not.....You can cure Ignorance with education.....But You Can't Fix Stupid..... :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline adb

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 07:47:25 pm »
Yes, sir... makes me laugh! I just tell them fellers, that I gave up my training wheels a long time ago too!! They wouldn't know a real bow if it jumped up and bit them in the arse.

Offline lowell

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 08:28:41 pm »
Cool wife!!!!!!!!! ;)

When I was in to Jeeping..the saying was "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" 

Seems the saying would work for primitive bows!!!!!! ;D
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline sailordad

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 08:34:57 pm »
Cool wife!!!!!!!!! ;)

When I was in to Jeeping..the saying was "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" 

Seems the saying would work for primitive bows!!!!!! ;D

"ITS A PRIMAL THING,YOU WOUDNT UNDERSTAND"   >:D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Parnell

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 08:53:39 pm »
I always figured that's what Pappy meant with his tag.  Cool story.
1’—>1’

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 01:06:30 am »
Well, if he wants to shoot a machine, he ought to just purchase a firearm. The difference is, you don't look silly holding a firearm.  ;D
Living a dream...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 07:41:02 am »
Cool wife, Yes Parnell,that is just what I meant. I don't even bother trying to convert folks,if they are interested you know it right off. When the 401k's were going to H#() in a hand bag all the ladies at church were talking about it and told Miss Joanie she didn't seem to be to worried
about it, she told them she wasn't, her man knew how to make thing and kill stuff,so she knew we would eat and that is really all that matters. She is also a very cool wife. We are lucky men Twistedlimbs.  :) Like has been said ,this ant for everyone and that's OK.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 08:46:25 am »
Cool story you and Pappy got some cool wives anybody wanna trade?
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 11:02:46 am »
Probably Not.....You can cure Ignorance with education.....But You Can't Fix Stupid..... :P

not even with ducktape lol
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 11:27:57 am »
Cool story you and Pappy got some cool wives anybody wanna trade?

Nope....I believe I will hold on to Mine...I think any Woman that can put up with Me for 28 years....is definitely a Keeper.... ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Traxx

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 01:06:05 am »
Twistedlimbs,
My Pard is real good with Turkey calls,from the throat n mouth too.There were some Guys at the Trad Expo a few yrs ago useing diaphram calls at a vendor booth.My pard was answering them from across the Hall.They came lookin for him to find out who made his call.They said they liked the sound of his Better.We got a laugh outa that one.LOL