Author Topic: rawhide quiver patterns  (Read 9098 times)

Offline Autumnbear

• My drum site
rawhide quiver patterns
« on: September 16, 2010, 03:47:52 pm »
Is there anyone who has a pattern for a rawhide quiver. i would love to make a few.
"WHY DON'T WE LIBERATE, THESE UNITED STATES WE'RE THE ONES WHO NEED IT THE WORST
LET THE REST OF THE WORLD HELP US FOR A CHANGE AND REBUILD AMERICA FIRST"--MERLE HAGGARD

CLEAN AND SOBER AND PROUD OF IT HOSS!!!

Offline square shooter

Re: rawhide quiver patterns
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 11:13:20 pm »
That sounds like a great material Autumbear. I would want to line mine with some leather from some animal, tho, to make it quiet. And use some stain to darken the outside for hunting. I always think a thin piece of soft wood, like pine or spruce would make the bottom durrable against the points. Tho that might not be an authenic reproduction, it would funtion well for hunting.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 11:17:18 pm »
I've always wondered about leaving the hair on, turning it so the hair is on the inside of the tube, stuffing the bottom with a mess of grasses/moss and calling done.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 09:41:01 am »
Rawhide is awful noisy. I made a hip quiver that was rawhide. It makes alot of noise and is too stiff. I wouls definitely line it with something.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Autumnbear

• My drum site
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 05:07:10 am »
I guess lining would be pretty easy. Thanks for the tips! If I have any luck I'll post what I found works.
"WHY DON'T WE LIBERATE, THESE UNITED STATES WE'RE THE ONES WHO NEED IT THE WORST
LET THE REST OF THE WORLD HELP US FOR A CHANGE AND REBUILD AMERICA FIRST"--MERLE HAGGARD

CLEAN AND SOBER AND PROUD OF IT HOSS!!!

Offline Ohio John

• personal home page
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 04:52:15 pm »
I just finished a quiver that is the answer to your problems..... the material... hair on deer rawhide hair side in!
I like to throw rocks at em..... just like my grandfather's, grandfathers, grandfather's, grandfather's, grandfather did

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 01:19:32 am »
You can build a prototype from poster board to see how it works and fits first.
I . Take a few measurements of about what you want and make a pattern out of poster board. Roll it up to form the quiver and add a little here or take a little from there until you get what you want than transfer it to the rawhide.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC