Author Topic: New Issue  (Read 12596 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
New Issue
« on: September 23, 2010, 08:30:38 am »
Got my new Issue,great as usual .Love the hunting stories and Marc's section was very good as normal.Great job to PA ,keep them coming. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: New Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 09:43:52 am »
I got mine also. So far what I have read is great as expected. Pappy's comparative bow building is an interesting perspective between two different bowyers. The reference to me is especially rewarding.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BearG

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 10:10:30 am »
Got mine yesterday and couldn't tell you anything about it.   Dawn saw a artical by Mark "Pappy" Bagget  and started reading it.
Then moved on to the rest so hope to get to look at it tonite. ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline cracker

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 10:24:34 am »
Really good article by Pappy that was my first read. The rest of the magazine was great as well.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline profsaffel

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 10:46:14 am »
Arrgh! Mine's not in yet... *salivates on keyboard*

Do you think it would freak out the mailman to get in 'stalking position' behind a tree near my mailbox?
Professor of History, Student of Bowyery

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 11:51:43 am »
Prof, I tried that for years to no avail. Just be patient and he(or she) will deliver it when he's done reading it.  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 12:00:46 pm »
Prof, I tried that for years to no avail. Just be patient and he(or she) will deliver it when he's done reading it.  ::)

LOL
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline profsaffel

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 12:52:43 pm »

My mailman might just be one to do that. He's kind of a 'mountain man' type, with the scraggly beard, Fred Bear hat and everything... Strange though, he always manages to put the plastic wrap cover back on, sealed, before sliding it in the mailbox. How does he do that?

Offline bobnewboy

• https://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_d14/
    • The Company of Sixty Field Archers
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 01:20:05 pm »
Aaaaaah! Stop talking about it!  I've gotta wait weeks before I get my copy on this side of the pond <fingers in my ears>  Lalala, I'm not listening. :D
"The Englishman takes great pride in his liberty. He values this gift more than all the joys of life, and would sacrifice everything to retain it. The populace would have you understand there is no country in the world where such perfect freedom can be enjoyed, as in England!" Frenchman, London 1719

Offline profsaffel

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 02:15:16 pm »
Double Aaaargh!!! My mail carrier just left without dropping off said highly prized item! I voiced my disapproval with him and he smiled at me. I'm now more convinced than ever that he has it!  >:( I just hope he finishes it soon and doesn't get any coffee or tea stains on it. I am perfectly capable of that myself.  :P

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 03:24:05 pm »
..or sinew scraps, wood shavings, or flint chips between the pages. :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline profsaffel

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 05:09:15 pm »
Finally, mine came in... and oh look! I'm in there!  :D That's so cool. I tell you what, I love the articles and such in PA, but the fact that it's the READERS/Subscribers who contribute to every issue makes PA mag a standout among all others.

Congrats PA on what might be the overall best, most jam-packed issue of the last two years!

Offline Mickey

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 10:03:25 pm »
Wonderful article Pappy and those are some nice looking bows you fellas managed to scrape out.

Gary and I have spent many hours over the years discussing bow making and it's procedures. He once wrote me a three page rebuttal on an article I did just about sinewing LOL. We may disagree about certain procedural methods but there is no doubt about the outcome...good looking, hard hitting, game getting, wooden bows.

Where would the natural archery world be without guys like Gary Davis and Pappy Bagett? A poorer place for sure.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 10:31:03 pm »

Where would the natural archery world be without guys like Gary Davis and Pappy Bagett? A poorer place for sure.

Same goes for most of the people on this site.  Thank you all for freely sharing your teips, techniques, expertise, and in many cases your materials. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.