Author Topic: Quality Airgun Repairs  (Read 13765 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: Quality Airgun Repairs
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 11:48:36 pm »

Dang that is an old one!  Mine is similar, but has an under lever pump.  The bolt, and stock are about the same though, and the barrel, and reservoir are the same.

Wayne

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 08:16:48 pm »
I'll still be looking for an air rifle, but I did pick up two Remington 22 single shot rifles yesterday for $40.

Eddie, what are you looking for?  (hunting ? plinking ? ) and how much you wanna spend ?
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 08:42:34 pm »
 I'm not sure, Manny. How loud are they? I have a Chinese.17 but it is louder than my 22's. I want quiet or I'll shoot my Huskavarna 22 with sub sonics.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 10:14:48 pm »
I'm not sure, Manny. How loud are they? I have a Chinese.17 but it is louder than my 22's. I want quiet or I'll shoot my Huskavarna 22 with sub sonics.

There's .22s and .25s that come fully shrouded and you can't hear them 20 feet away, they are so accurate that you can hit Doves at 100 yards all day, yet powerfull enought to kill hogs with a headshot, usually 8-10 rounds magazines for fast follow up shooting.

Are silencers legal in Florida ? there's a great company that makes .22 and .25 and come with a threaded barrel to fit silencers, and this guns are even more powerfull than the ones mentioned above  ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline stickbender

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 11:22:25 pm »

Nomadic, you must be talkin some big bucks.  Yes silencers, or suppressors, are legal in Florida, and quite a few other states, so long as you follow all the NFA rules, and get a stamp from the ATFE, for $200.00 .  You can find a class III dealer, and order the suppressor, and fill out the forms, which vary as to how much difficulty you want to go through, the easiest is to get a "revocable one party living trust" form.   Fill it out have it notarized, and send it in, and wait from three to six months or more.   I would love to get one of those .22, or .25 cal. airguns.  But it sounds like they are way out of my league.  I have always wanted a RWS model 48, but it is a bit pricey.  But maybe one of these days, I will.
P.S. Eddie, you got both Remington single shot .22's for $40.00?!  Man, I need to follow you around .  I got a Remington bolt single shot, for 20 bucks from my Sister n Law's Dad, some years ago, and had always wanted a tubular fed one, like a friend of mine had, when we were kids.  I finally got one from a guy, I buy knives from at the gun show, for $60.00 !  They are both in Montana now.  Wish I had it here, Darn Possum in the garage again.  My scoped suppressed 10-22 doesn't work so too pretty good, at close range! ::)  Not that I would actually consider using it in the garage......subsonics...... ::) ;D
                                                                                    Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2010, 11:43:17 pm »
 Manny, silencers are legal on pellet rifles from what I've been told because they are not considered a "firearm" and do not fall under the same reg's as real guns. So you don't have to deal with the ATFE.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 11:51:00 pm »
I bought an RWS48 before I got the 45.  I took it back because it was so incredibly loud.  It sounded quite a bit like a .22 rimfire.  I could not use it in town.  I loved the under-barrel cocking though.  Even the RWS45 is a little loud for city use.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 01:27:01 am »
Most of them are muzzle breaks that work quite well as silencers.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 09:41:57 am »
Eddie, you struck me like the tipe that would own a scuba tank, is that right ?

what do you wanna hunt with an air rifle ?

how much would be your budget ?

...there's some truly awsome stuff out there, it's just so underground and away from mainstream  ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2010, 06:58:56 pm »
Manny, I've got eight scuba tanks.

The budget isn't the problem, I don't know enough about them to go looking for one. And don't know where to look for one. But if they are louder that my guns I'll pass.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2010, 07:46:14 pm »
Eddie, I was shooting doves off the back wall when the neighbors walked by about 30 yards away. They didn't even look up from their conversation. Is that quiet enough?
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2010, 07:58:29 pm »
Manny, I've got eight scuba tanks.

The budget isn't the problem, I don't know enough about them to go looking for one. And don't know where to look for one. But if they are louder that my guns I'll pass.

BINGO !!! I knew that the active man you are scuba tanks would be in your house.

So I would definatly go the PCP route !

In .22 I would get the EVANIX Rainstorm, about 550 bucks, shoots the 28.5gr pellet at 900 fps for a nice 50 FPE, this gun is so quite that once I had this 2 hogs coming down to drink at 25 yards, I shot the first and the second one never flinched, so i shot that one too, this gun is so accurate that shooting doves at 100 yards all day is just a matter of the shooter, 10 rounds clip and butter smooth side lever action make this gun a plesure to shoot.

If silencers where lecal in Hawaii i would get a Eun Jin Sumatra in .25 cal, this gun is reported to be extremely accurate and at 80-90 FPE can shoot 40gr pellets at some serious speed. this gun has athreaded barrel so putting a silencer on is a piece of cake and at 400 bucks is an extremely great deal, ( I might even get one miself soon, to good not too )

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Sumatra_2500_PCP_air_rifle/343
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2010, 10:47:32 pm »
 That EVANIX sounds like what I'm looking for. I'll look into it, thanks. See my post in your thread about silencers.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2010, 02:18:48 am »
If you decide to get one let me know before you push the button, there's codes that can be applyed to get 10% discount, and i give you the ups on what ammo to get  ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2010, 05:10:52 am »
Eddie, an other good option would be the Benjamin Maurader in .25 cal, very, very quite, real accurate, a bit les powerfull than the Evanix at 45 FPE, but a little cheaper too at just over 400 bucks, Because of the larger caliber I think it would be a little less effective on head shots on pigs haven't tryed yet, but it's devastating on small game, 8 rounds magazine.

this are pictures of mine, the stock I reshaped and stained ( and you as a woodworker would too since the one that comes is truly horrible)

NORTH SHORE, HAWAII