Author Topic: 6 Months of Airgun Hunting  (Read 30717 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: 6 Months of Airgun Hunting
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 09:53:25 pm »
                                                                            Ooh I bet that could be arranged..... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2010, 10:43:42 pm »
El D, take a bolt action 22 and cut a v slot in the neck of a 20 oz. Mt. Dew bottle (green) ;D. Tape it on the end of the barrel with electrician tape so the blade sight is still sticking up. Cut the bottom off nd stuff with toliet paper. It does not effect the accuracy and makes a nice, quiet, pfff, noise with long rifle ammo.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2010, 02:22:45 am »
making silencers is pretty easy, I'm gonna make a couple using PVC piping,......... for backyard practice  ;) ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2010, 06:43:09 am »
No wonder the game is scarce. ;) ;D ;D You are a killing mechine,congrats and good shooting. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Kegan

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2010, 07:38:17 pm »
Great hunting Manny! I've been waiting patiently for more Manny-hunting pictures. Awesome stuff :)

Can't wait to see some neat bow-hunting shots next ;D

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2010, 04:35:55 pm »
Great hunting Manny! I've been waiting patiently for more Manny-hunting pictures. Awesome stuff :)

Can't wait to see some neat bow-hunting shots next ;D

You right Kegan, bow is the way to real hunting, just got so tired to get 10 yards to porkers and not being able to let an arrow fly because they wher hanging in thick Guava cover, the precision scoped airgun gives me a chance there, of the 7 pigs I got the last 3 months none would have being harvested if I was carrying a bow ...love the bow, but I'm a hunter first  ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2010, 07:21:30 pm »
Guys, I hate to be a wet blanket, but silencers require a federal tax stamp. Federal felony to make, possess, or sell one without proper BATFE paperwork and background check. And they consider the home-made soda bottle and PVC pipe ones as illegal silencers, too. Not worth a twenty year jail term in federal pen. Also, most state game departments forbid use of silencers while hunting even if you have one legally. Game violation to use one. I can't answer about air guns, but get caught with something taped to the end of your firearm that muffles it and you will be charged with a felony. In these states, silencers are illegal period by state law and the federal tax stamp won't help: California, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Note Hawaii is one.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 07:26:48 pm by Tsalagi »
Living a dream...

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2010, 08:03:16 pm »
As I mentioned, I just wanna make one for backyard practice since those big bores are pretty darn loud  ;) ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2010, 08:43:56 pm »
 ...and I tape it on so I can take it off without tools, quick. A good Grasshopper is always  in tune with his surroundings. ;)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Kegan

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2010, 08:45:50 pm »
Hmm... we just need to help Manny find a bow design that's better suited to threading the needle then >:D!

There's no jail time for different bow designs is there ??? ;)?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2010, 08:50:30 pm »
 Kegan, I wondered about that myself ::), maybe he's getting old. If I can see one at ten yards I'm shooting. He might need arrows that straighten up quicker. ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2010, 08:50:57 pm »
Well, it's just not a good idea to discuss stuff like that on the ol' internet. The laws make no distinction between your backyard or anywhere else. And possession is still a felony, be it on or off the weapon. For instance, possession alone of full-auto M-16 PARTS is considered possession of an actual Class 3 weapon subject to NFA law. Again, not trying to be a wet blanket, I just don't want to see anyone get in trouble over something rinky-dink.
Living a dream...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2010, 08:57:43 pm »
 Well, for one, we are half ass joking around. I don't think they are going to stake out my backyard or fly a Special Agent to Hawaii to watch Manny shooting in his backyard. And they would waste a lot of money tailing me, watching and waiting till I bought a Mountain Dew. ::)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2010, 09:15:51 pm »
Forget I said anything then. ::) Didn't see the joshing around in the rather detailed instructions on making a silencer.  I guess I missed that.
Living a dream...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2010, 09:36:54 pm »
 You can subscribe to Shotgun News and buy Flare guns and 32 mm flares and detailed instructions on how to empty and fill with black powder to make grenade launchers. ::) What I posted about silencer's came from a book called the "Poachers Handbook", I'm sure Amazon sells it, every gun magazine has it in there survival section.
Lakeland, Florida