Author Topic: 6 Months of Airgun Hunting  (Read 30716 times)

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

Re: 6 Months of Airgun Hunting
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2010, 05:34:33 am »
Thanks Manny...I just ordered one!...any issues with it flickering...or the Pressure Switch going Bad? I have read some bad reviews on it...saying it aint much good in cooler weather...but you wouldnt know anything about that!

yep it says on the box too that cold weather effects it, but you right I wouldn't know  :D :D  otherwise evething has being working perfect, you'll like it the picture is spectacular.
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2010, 05:38:53 am »

Manny what are the specs of those two rifles?  Nice Pigs by the way.  Just right for the grill !! ;)

Wayne

Wayne the top rifle is the 909s shooting a EPP-UG 150gr .458 slug at around 800 fps, the second is the 707 Ultra shooting a .360, 71gr roundball at 1000 fps

I can shoot dimes at 35 yards with this rifles, deadly for precise head shots,...and you right this 2 young boars are perfect eating size  ;D ;D ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Ian Schmidt

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2010, 03:04:12 am »
JUST to set things straight with the airgun silencers, it does not matter whether or not it can be detached. As long as the sliencer cannot be attached to or used on an actual gun (caliber differences, threading), it is legal to have one for airguns. I have an airgun that shoots 1500 fps (breaks sound barrier, 22 crack), and I have tried the pop bottle method and it works nice for backyard plinkin.
"Call them wheels, or call them cams. I don't care. All I know is that the only wheels that should be killing deer are like the ones on my truck."

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2010, 04:25:17 am »
Here in Hawaii any detachable silencer is illegal,...I wish it wasn't and if you have concrete info that would be O.K. for me to put silencers on my guns, please let me know, I would love that  ;) ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2011, 01:32:55 pm »

If I had the money I would buy a GEN III Day/Night scope, but since I don't  ;D the ND3 does the job just fine, any Night Vision below GEN 3 would not give you anywhere near the quality picture than the ND3 does.  ;) ;) ;)

And you just put on a current scope and you good to go, no zeroing in involved  ;D

Manny...I bought the ND3...and the pressure switch was messed up...it flickered when you activated it...so I sent it back for replacement...in the meantime I seen a Youtube Video of a Kill Light XLR250...and I bought one....I really like it...have taken two Yotes and a few Coons with it already...Coons are tearing up my feeders and cameras.... these are way cheaper than the ND3...and seem to do a great job out to about 300 yards
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2011, 01:44:22 pm »
got a link for that Mike ?
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2011, 01:50:11 pm »
got a link for that Mike ?

www.....elusivewildlife.com

you may like their other products too.... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2011, 02:00:49 pm »
Thanks Mike, appreciated, might need a cheaper version than the ND3 for backyard night control, are you gonna get the ND3 back ?
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2011, 02:37:05 pm »
Yep....I had the ND3X40mm...should get it back in a few weeks...
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline david w.

« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2011, 07:22:08 pm »
This is really really cool.  I never thought of high powered airguns.  I need to check this out now.
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2011, 05:15:07 am »
This is really really cool.  I never thought of high powered airguns.  I need to check this out now.

yeah David, this is a cool underground subcolture indeed

here is the last couple of months

NORTH SHORE, HAWAII