Author Topic: 6 Months of Airgun Hunting  (Read 30916 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: 6 Months of Airgun Hunting
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2010, 12:55:27 am »

All instructional information, contained in these threads are for entertainment purposes only, and do not suggest to anyone to actually make such items, as indeed it would be a Federal offense, and frighten our government at large.  ;) Of course no one on this fine site would actually consider to make one, and it is just for informational, and entertainment purposes only.  ::) There are numerous You Tube examples of soda bottle suppressors. ;)  Why, I actually know of someone who a long time ago, made one for a pump .22, from a copper 1/2 inch tube, and a hose clamp, and a cigar tube underneath it as an expansion chamber, and with sectioned baffles in the copper tube, and it was Holly Wood quiet.  Just a click of the firing pin.  But then he destroyed it, and hasn't made another since.  I have two commercial ones, with all appropriate stamps, and accompanying documents, which have to be in possession with said suppressors.  Not real impressed with the commercial models.  The .22 I have would be a whole lot better if it was not on a semi automatic.  The barrel is the suppressor.  You need to use subsonic rounds, or you will still get the sonic crack, just not as easy to tell from which direction the sound came from.  I want to get one more for a .22, but a screw on, which I can use on single, and tubular fed bolt actions.  But Tsalagi is right, big brother is monitoring, and cuts no quarter. ;)  And money is obviously no problem, as we have seen,they just print more...... ::)

Wayne

Offline stickbender

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2010, 01:16:22 am »

Hey, NP, how about a reprint of the pictures, with a description of each rifle used, cal. fps, modifications available, price range, PCP, or pump lever, single, or clip fed, distance of the shot, pass through, or not, how loud, etc. Sorry for all that but it would be helpful, in deciding on whether or not I or I guess many of the other members would be interested in getting one or not.  I am interested, but some have the restrictions of using an air tank to fill it.  Not a real big detriment, but still something to consider.  But the more I see of your pictures, the more I start thinking of the uses, not only here, but in Montana.  I could use one here, because I get Opossums in my garage.  I have sent two to the big Possum heaven, not too far from here.  O:) It is a big mound, and smells just as a possum likes it to.  I even arranged for a large steel hearse to transport their earthly remains there in a nice shiny plastic bag. ::)  So I could use one here, and I have some ideas for Montana also...... ;)  Oh, and I agree, you should do a story, on your hunts, and send them to various outdoor magazines.  Like Field and Stream, Outdoor life, Guns and Ammo, etc.  Thanks, I really enjoy seeing your hunting trips on here.  Oh......uh.....do you ever smile for the camera? ;D  You always look so serious. ::)  Thanks again.

Wayne

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2010, 07:47:13 am »

Hey, NP, how about a reprint of the pictures, with a description of each rifle used, cal. fps, modifications available, price range, PCP, or pump lever, single, or clip fed, distance of the shot, pass through, or not, how loud, etc. Sorry for all that but it would be helpful, in deciding on whether or not I or I guess many of the other members would be interested in getting one or not.  I am interested, but some have the restrictions of using an air tank to fill it.  Not a real big detriment, but still something to consider.  But the more I see of your pictures, the more I start thinking of the uses, not only here, but in Montana.  I could use one here, because I get Opossums in my garage.  I have sent two to the big Possum heaven, not too far from here.  O:) It is a big mound, and smells just as a possum likes it to.  I even arranged for a large steel hearse to transport their earthly remains there in a nice shiny plastic bag. ::)  So I could use one here, and I have some ideas for Montana also...... ;)  Oh, and I agree, you should do a story, on your hunts, and send them to various outdoor magazines.  Like Field and Stream, Outdoor life, Guns and Ammo, etc.  Thanks, I really enjoy seeing your hunting trips on here.  Oh......uh.....do you ever smile for the camera? ;D  You always look so serious. ::)  Thanks again.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne, I really like hunting and I like to share my days  :) ...about smiling ? I'm never really in a smiling mode just after I shot a critter.

O.K. you don't necessary need a tank to charge PCPs I use hand pumps, special pumps that go up to 3500 psi

I had a thread going where I was showcasing and expaining my guns, but because of lack of interest I stopped posting on it, I'll go and see if I can find it and bring it back on and post and explain the reminder of my airguns
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline stickbender

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2010, 08:25:48 pm »

Thanks, NP, I will be looking forward to the thread showcasing your guns.  Oh, on the ability to up the velocity, does that mean, they become single shots, by releasing most of the reserved air pressure?  Or is the air chamber changed out?  Thanks, but I think I would be smiling if I had just killed two hogs, with an air rifle.  Not at the deaths of the animals, but at what it took to accomplish it, and end up with a superb food bounty. ;)  Take care, and thanks again for the info.

Wayne

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2010, 08:52:42 pm »

Thanks, NP, I will be looking forward to the thread showcasing your guns.  Oh, on the ability to up the velocity, does that mean, they become single shots, by releasing most of the reserved air pressure?  Or is the air chamber changed out?  Thanks, but I think I would be smiling if I had just killed two hogs, with an air rifle.  Not at the deaths of the animals, but at what it took to accomplish it, and end up with a superb food bounty. ;)  Take care, and thanks again for the info.

Wayne

The thread is back up and I'm updating it at the moment, any specific questions just shoot away I'll do my best to answer, no they don't become necessarily a one shot ( but can if you want max power, i know a guy that has a .50 like mine tuned for one shot and he shoots 600gr slugs at over 500 FPE my .50 has 2 shots, the 9mm still has over 10 shots, the .45 over 3, what they do is tweek the valve or getiing more or less power.

NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2010, 04:39:00 am »
didn't have the time to hunt much lately but I got this 2 nice young boars, first Thanksgiving day, the second tonight  ;D ;D

NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Kegan

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2010, 12:15:52 pm »
Sweet photos Manny, thanks for posting :)

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2010, 02:25:43 pm »
Gamo sells a commercial airgun ( .177 cal ) that has a suppressor on it ,you can buy at walmart . Maybe since airguns are not considered firearms (No fire ) You can suppress them. You can also see them in the Cabela's catalog.  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2010, 03:13:41 pm »
Manny....does that IR Illuminator on the Standard Scope help a bunch for Hogs? I was wondering...because I waqs going to buy one....but then was thinking about a full Night Vision Scope instead
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2010, 10:18:40 pm »
 Nice piggies, Manny. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2010, 10:34:18 pm »
Manny....does that IR Illuminator on the Standard Scope help a bunch for Hogs? I was wondering...because I waqs going to buy one....but then was thinking about a full Night Vision Scope instead

If I had the money I would buy a GEN III Day/Night scope, but since I don't  ;D the ND3 does the job just fine, any Night Vision below GEN 3 would not give you anywhere near the quality picture than the ND3 does.  ;) ;) ;)

And you just put on a current scope and you good to go, no zeroing in involved  ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2010, 10:36:15 pm »
Gamo sells a commercial airgun ( .177 cal ) that has a suppressor on it ,you can buy at walmart . Maybe since airguns are not considered firearms (No fire ) You can suppress them. You can also see them in the Cabela's catalog.  '  Frank

I have airguns that come fully silenced, by law those are O.K. because it's part of the gun, anytime you attach a silencer it becames illegal  :(
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2010, 10:38:02 pm »
Thanks Eddie and Kegan
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline stickbender

« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2010, 11:26:53 pm »

Manny what are the specs of those two rifles?  Nice Pigs by the way.  Just right for the grill !! ;)

Wayne

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2010, 01:45:56 am »
Thanks Manny...I just ordered one!...any issues with it flickering...or the Pressure Switch going Bad? I have read some bad reviews on it...saying it aint much good in cooler weather...but you wouldnt know anything about that!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 02:04:02 am by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome