Author Topic: 4 days and counting.  (Read 9562 times)

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
4 days and counting.
« on: October 07, 2010, 09:09:42 pm »
I have been tobacco free for 4 days!!!!!  :'(
I am about ready to eat a hole in my cheek. Gum sucks, toothpicks suck, candy just don't cut it. ARRRRRRRGH. How the heck do people do it?  ???
I can't even stand myself right now.
I tried to make something or knap or something to keep me busy, but I don't have the attention span to complete a thought right now. I have dipped or chewed tobacco since I was 13yrs old. I even smoked cigars and cigs. I LOVE TOBACCO!!!!!!!!!!
Man some days really suck bad.
TJ
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline cracker

Re: 4 days and counting.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 10:28:24 pm »
When I quit dipping 5 1/2 years ago I nearly beat the pockets off my clothes for the first two or three weeks. After that it got a little easier after the first month I had it beat. I think the biggest thing I had going for me is that I really wanted to quit real bad. Good luck hang tough it aint easy but it is doable.Good luck. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 10:36:23 pm »
 Take  an empty Dip can and fill it with,, ??? ::), cow poop, worm droppings or something like that. Then when you reach for a dip out of habit it will teach you to break that hand habit while the addiction is passing.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline nugget

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 10:37:16 pm »
It is a love hate relationship. I love dipping, but now a days everyplace is tobacco free and I hate it.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline nugget

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 10:38:16 pm »
Eddie the next thing yo uknow I would be dipping something worse than tobacco :o

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 10:46:28 pm »
I haven't had a pinch between my cheek and gums in 10 years now, and I still crave Copenhagen.  It'll get better man, just got to tough it out for a couple of weeks.  It's not a cake walk after that, but it is much easier.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline aero86

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 11:14:01 pm »
i quit smoking 2 years ago.  sometimes i do still think about it.  but i just figured that itll always be a thing im trying to quit even after 20 years.  they say it rewires your brain to need it..
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 12:07:19 am »
i quit smoking 2 years ago.  sometimes i do still think about it.  but i just figured that itll always be a thing im trying to quit even after 20 years.  they say it rewires your brain to need it..

yup going on three for me,after 28 years of smoking i quit cold turkey
still crave em every now and again
especially ifn i am letting loose and having a few cocktails(which isnt often)
but other than that i cant stand them at all anymore
i hate the smell of it on people,around people,in peoples cars,cant figure out how and the hell i put up with it for that long

YOU CAN DO IT
and youll be a better and happier and healthier person for it
dont give up on yourself
like any other addiction when you are trying to beat it
take it one day at a time,and some days one moment at a time if needed
try this,everytime you crave it to the point you just gotta do it
take a hammer and smash your hand,youll be giving it up for good in no time at all

seriously,you can do it
i know it seems difficult at first but it does get easier after the first couple of weeks
good luck,im pulling for ya
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 07:51:48 am »
Good luck on that,wished I wanted to quit. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline nugget

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 09:20:30 am »
My 11yr old duaghter came up to me yesterday and said she was proud of me for doing so good at quitting. I about lost it. I was having a real bad evening and that helped out alot.

Offline nugget

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 09:28:56 am »
Thanks for all the support guys. I appreciate it

Offline nugget

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 10:03:44 pm »
It has been a over a week now. I want tobacco worse now than when I first quit. It is gonna be hard to make it through the weekend. I would chew, smoke, eat, or drink tobacco right now.
Dang I need to sue the tobacco company for making it taste so good.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 12:44:21 am »
Hang in there TJ. You can do it!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sailordad

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 01:01:43 am »
Tj dont give in to them demons now
you all but got it licked
get past the 10-14 day mark and its all you from there on\
remember you control it,it does not control you  ;)
hang in there were all pulling for ya
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Parnell

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 09:37:58 am »
10 days was the mark for me, but it still gets tempting.  Exercise helps.  The endorphin release afterwards seems calming and replacing a bad habit with a good one is what is often recommended to increase chances of success.   Hope you pull through!
1’—>1’