Author Topic: Made a fool of.  (Read 2651 times)

Offline Deo

Made a fool of.
« on: October 20, 2010, 03:48:01 am »
 I have a funny story for you guys. This happened a few years ago. I was doing some survival camping in northern California, Shasta area. It was july or August. I brought with me a little bit of pemmican, a few other things and my bow and quiver plains style with some new hunting arrows. The arrows were cedar fletched Native American style with turkey feathers and had 3 rivers hand forged trade points 3:1 ratio heavy. I did not try the new arrows out. I was a little hungry and walking along a dirt road hunting for something. On booth sides was thick brush mostly manzanita. I saw a cotton tail about 15 yds. I pulled to anchor and watched my arrow fly toward the rabbit when it dropped a few feet in front of him. I thought shoot there goes lunch. the rabbit did something weird, he hopped about 5 yds closer  ???. I thougt oh boy 2nd chance. I pulled another arrow out, nocked it and drew and let go. The arrow dropped again a few feet in front of him. I though darn again. Now the rabbit started to run toward me, at the same time I was drawing the other arrow out, he ran with in 3 ft of me. By the time I knocked the third arrow he was in the brush about 10 yds down and out of sight. I could have kicked him or batted him with my bow.  :D. That rabbit sure did make a fool out of me.

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
Re: Made a fool of.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 04:21:35 pm »
hah
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 01:42:14 am »
Nice!! ;D  Kamikaze rabbit :D
Hello everyone.My name is Randy and I am addicted to THWACK!!

Southwest,VA

Offline Parnell

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 10:58:44 am »
Your lucky he didn't jump ya and go for your jugular. ;D
1’—>1’