Author Topic: Squirrel shoot and rock run  (Read 14000 times)

Offline jonathan creason

Re: Squirrel shoot and rock run
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2011, 04:25:08 pm »
If the weather holds out, I will go Saturday morning. I broke my fibula bone last Monday taking down a ladder stand that fell backwards from the tree. Not the stands fault, it was an absent minded act on my part.

I am hoping to be able to at least get to the parking lot and spend the day. Even if no one stays overnight at least a day of knapping and shooting may be in order of fun. I was down there on Saturday of last week and the road into the lower (south) entrance was muddy at the bottom but no problem getting up to the parking area. The upper (north) parking lot is never a problem, but it is close to the main road.

We can try and get a yay or nay from everyone just before going.

suggestions; if you have some firewood, throw some pieces in your truck. ;D

If you know any interested folks give them a heads up!

Looks like there may be some rain Sat. morning, but it's supposed to clear out by lunch time.  I'm still planning to be there with bells on.  Hopefully leaving the house early Sat. morning (you hear that, Justin?, no sleeping in), and getting there around day-break.  What's your preference on parking areas, upper or lower?

Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2011, 07:54:04 pm »
I'll see about egg aquisition for this shindig. I'll throw in a bear hind quarter and a jar or meat or two as well. FFYS Saturday breakfast/lunch and potluck saturday night and plan breakfast on sunday mornin?

TJ you still likely to be tied up with work? I might have to throw down some jalepeno poppers, but that's a lot of work in the field, especially with that many hungry fellers.

Looks like I will be working. Hate to miss it.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 10:59:23 pm »
Nugget, I hate to hear it. It looks like rain possible on Saturday morning and clearing around noon. I am still mending but will go Saturday morning if not raining much. I will not stay the night. I believe Bryan is also going Saturday morning for the day if not raining. Just have to wait and see.
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

JustinNC

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2011, 09:50:29 am »
Nobody wants to stay the night?

JustinNC

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2011, 05:02:38 pm »
Good time was had by all that attended. The skirls stayed hidden, except one that hid in a tree that was holler.

A deer jumped but not seen, four GI Joes couple day hikers and a granola.

Again, fun was had by all TWO of us that showed lol.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2011, 05:26:22 pm »
Any pics?  ???
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

JustinNC

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2011, 10:33:58 pm »
Haha pat nothing to take pics of

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2011, 05:56:24 pm »
sorry I missed it Justin.
I was sick as a dog and between that and the rain.. I didnt end up doing much.
glad you had fun on the outing..
Seems like the squirrels are kicking butt this year... I know they have been kicking mine..
I got a couple the other day when out with david and the PCP's but other than that...
they have been mean to me this year.

Allen and I got skunked the other weekend..
Ask him about missing a squirrel with a SHOTGUN (flinter) at 15 yards... while the squirrel sat still in the tree and flicked him off....

anyway. glad you all (two) had fun. sorry to have missed it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 07:40:41 pm by n2everythg »
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

JustinNC

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2011, 05:24:31 pm »
theres always next time wade