Author Topic: shootin threw blind screen?  (Read 3643 times)

Offline andy thomas

shootin threw blind screen?
« on: October 24, 2010, 11:02:58 pm »
was out tonight sitting in my blind when i had three nice does come in . 15 yards broadside drew back and picked a nice small spot behind her leg i watch as the arrow did a wierd flight and ended up hitting her high and far back. has anyone had problems shooting threw the screen on blinds? the hole in the blind lines up with how the blades on the zwikkis where when i released, i am shooting feathers too.found nice dark red blood but didn't want to push her will give you guys a update tommarow.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: shootin threw blind screen?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 11:07:46 pm »
 I never had that problem. I shot a turkey with a stone point shooting throught he screen. It never slowed down and didn't when it hit the bird, thought I had missed.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline andy thomas

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 11:21:34 pm »
thanks for the reply mullet, just kicking my self. even came home and turned on the lights out back and those arrows flew nice and straight from 10 15 and 25 yards. just bites me that it was a bad hit. well hopefully we will get her tommarow

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 12:15:57 am »
You may have had a bad release in the heat of the moment and the arrow hit the screen while paradoxing.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sailordad

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 12:35:59 am »
i do almost all of my hunting from ground blinds
i have shot thru the mesh on many many occaisons,and thru the blind a few times too  ;D

the only time i have an issue shooting thru the mesh is if the mesh is real tight and i am
shooting at an angle thru it,it seems to kick the arrow straight(not sure if you get what i mean)
instead of it going thru at the same angle iam shooting at,it seems to make the arrow come perpindicular to the mesh

i try to leave just a little slack in the mesh for that reason now
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline andy thomas

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 02:25:48 pm »
thanks sailordad will try that on the screen. tracked her for about 400 yards with decent blood found  the back half of the arrow about 22 inches of a 31 inch arrow. then she went into a houseing development that the owners would not give me permission to go on the property to follow her more. what a waste.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 03:29:04 pm »
I've always wondered about shoot thru mesh.Does it matter on the distance your arrow is from the mesh.
Closer the better?
Thanks leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Cacatch

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 03:34:02 pm »
Not that big of a waste, something will find 'er and eat 'er. And I doubt there is a shortage of deer in your state, if there is a hunting season. The only way it would be a true waste is if you shot her just for the heck of it and/or made no real effort to find her. As it is, I'd call it a kill with no personal recovery and use it as a way to get a 2 for 1 out of your tag. We do understand your disappointment though.

CP

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 04:38:59 pm »
if you are a legal hunter and have the proper documentation for hunting deer, they have no right to tell you that you cannot go get your property.  Call your local game warden to go with you and go get your deer.  It is actually against the law for them to keep you from recovering your deer.   :)   ...at least in AL it is.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 05:00:22 pm »
It's different from State to State Josh....here in The Lone Star State....even if you are following a blood trail that looks like it was sprayed out with a garden hose...and it goes across a property line...a game warden will do you no good... if it is on private land they can refuse you access...period...if you cross following a blood trail....automatic trespassing...take your Gun or Bow....Prison Time...and no more Hunting Privileges for life ....if they pursue it....Now back Home...if you are following blood...you are within the Law...makes no sense to me why anyone would just let a kill lie...when it can be harvested....jmo
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 08:40:46 pm by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 08:14:24 pm »
 Here in Florida they encourage you to call the Wildlife Officer. It cuts down on argueing or worse. If you cross the fence on your own, it is Tresspass. Have a pocket knife with you, it is Felony, Armed Trespass. No more owning firearms. :'(
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?