Author Topic: Need to make some abo tools  (Read 3206 times)

Offline jonathan creason

Need to make some abo tools
« on: October 27, 2010, 10:24:10 am »
I need some antler and bone for abo knapping tools.  I know I could just collect them myself, but that seems to be easier said than done right now.  I've got a good bit of bandsaw blade that has been annealed, some 160 gr. glue on field points, and 1/4" and 1/2" glass and a few other odds and ends to offer.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
Re: Need to make some abo tools
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 10:42:32 am »
PM Sent
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline knap_123

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 10:47:05 am »
nothing to trade but a great suggestion for ya. find all your local deer processors call them and ask for any unwanted antlers  they have. also taxidermist are a good source.  and use the deer processor to collect sinew. thew have to cut the silver tendon off the back strap and throw them away. just ask to save you bunch and go pick them up.  get a leg or rib bone and hang in a tree to season.   if you got a butcher get some beef bones and do the same.  a couple of hammerstones and your set.  a landscape supplier will work if you dont have good hammerstones.

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 11:30:16 am »
Give me a holler, I have horn and bone. won't cost shipping just gas
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 09:58:23 pm »
 I'll trade you for those 160 grn broadheads. How many do you have?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 09:15:36 am »
Sorry, Eddie, I don't have any 160 gr. broadheads, just field points. 
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 06:50:49 pm »
If anybody has a old, worn-down moose billet nub I'd be interested in trading for it, too.  I want to try something different, but don't want to buy a billet to hack up just to try it.
Cleveland, NC

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 07:13:24 pm »
I think I have one I will let you try. It's either moose or elk
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!