Author Topic: looking for a club in kansas  (Read 5257 times)

Offline karrow

looking for a club in kansas
« on: May 20, 2010, 01:03:32 am »
looking for a traditional archery club in south east kansas????

Offline cryostallion

Re: looking for a club in kansas
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 12:13:34 pm »
Hi!  There is a twice-annual trad shoot that takes place in Pleasanton, KS called snow's bow shoot.  I went once, and plan on going this september.  it's the 25th and 26th.  You can call this number for info on it:  913-709-7438
I know it's not a club, and maybe you've already been to this, but I figured I'd post because I imagine you could find a club there! 
There's a guy in NE kansas (near leavenworth) who runs a trad-only shop called the Nocking Point.  He helped me out a lot a couple years ago when i first got into archery.
There's info for all kinds of kansas stuff on his website, thenockingpoint.com

hope this helps, maybe I'll run into you in september...
Patrick
Fanatical ethnic or religious or national chauvinisms are a little difficult to maintain when we see our planet as a fragile blue crescent fading to become an inconspicuous point of light against the bastion and citadel of the stars. -Carl Sagan

Offline karrow

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 02:44:03 pm »
ive heard of that shoot, never been but it is on my to do list. thanks for the date its on the calender. ive also been on the nocking point website its great wanting to make a trip up there also. its a good 2 - 2 1/2 hour drive. thanks for the info. keep in touch

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 05:34:18 pm »
someone on fb suggested you go to 3Dshoots.com and you might find something close by.  I don't know if they are traditional/primitive/ or super high tech type clubs but worth checking out.   ;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.