Author Topic: Any clubs in Western KY/TN?  (Read 6794 times)

Offline KYslim

Any clubs in Western KY/TN?
« on: November 01, 2010, 02:20:47 am »
my first post here

I`ve been reading the magazine for a year now and want to start on a self-bow. Ironically after asking a coworker/friend about his weekend plans, he mentioned another buddy of ours and he would be "hackin a stick of Osage" to which I mentioned would make a good bow....turns out he and our friend richard are tryin their hands at their first self-bow too. I told them about the magazine (which they had also already been reading) and this forum. Hopefully, they`ll sign up and sign on too.

question is are there any trad clubs or circles of buddies building bows near us ? (Bowling Green/ Franklin Kentucky)

We`ve all heard of the Twin Oaks I believe it`s called? It`s off near Clarksville TN I think...we were wondering where three amigos could go for some bow-building fellowship and alot of hands-on instruction and that isn`t far from us....we have a Bowyer`s Bible volume but would also like some hands-on teachin` too so i thought I`d ask about some clubs or classes or maybe an ole feller to sit next to us and yell at us for motivation...hahaha

Thanks again....I LOVE Primitive Archer

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Any clubs in Western KY/TN?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 03:23:32 am »
I don't know about anything any closer to You....but....Archery Nirvana is just South of Clarksville Tennessee in a little Valley near Chapmansboro....Pappy and His Bunch can't be beat...I went one Year...and am hooked for Life..I was part of the Family the Moment We met....good luck finding any better People than this....
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 09:31:48 am by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 11:37:35 am »
Thanks EL, We are an hour to 1 1/2 from Bowling green,come straight dow 65s to 24 west and you are about 30 mi. from us. I am there most weekends,in and out morning and evening now Hunting ,but there middle part of the day. Come Jan. I am there Friday evening and usually all day Sat. Come visit if you like. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline KYslim

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 03:05:03 pm »
EL...thanks for the clarification

Pappy!...Thanks so much for the invite....January it is then. I have been reading your Life Is Good posts and I`m VERY excited...wait till I tell Lee and Richard at work!'

We work for food...or trade work for Skill learnin` or bring food for bribes....I`ll find something you can use!
I appreciate this, Pappy...I also have a couple teenage boys who are gonna love this!

Thanks again

Doug
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 03:16:00 pm by KYslim »

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 03:24:26 pm »
KYSlim
You will not be disappointed.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 07:21:14 am »
Just let me know,love to have yall down. David when are you going to get back up?Missed you this Summer. :)
   Pappy   
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 01:25:15 pm »
Pappy:  I missed coming up....  It is just busy around the house now.

Soon.  Maybe real soon I will get to visit.  Will let you know.

David

David Key / N.W. Alabama