Author Topic: How to make a European skull mount  (Read 101698 times)

Offline Ed Brooks

Re: How to make a European skull mount
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2015, 03:47:44 pm »
Bring your mount back to life with. This is the brain child of my next door neighbor, hope you enjoy it. Ed

just take the space out of you tube to check it out.

https://www.you tube.com/watch?v=6sYUk8LPy1U
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 04:02:40 pm by Ed Brooks »
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline osage outlaw

Re: How to make a European skull mount
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2016, 12:15:08 am »
I've figured out a better way to heat up the peroxide so it is more effective and whitens faster.  I bought a water heating element from ebay for $11.   Last year I tried aquarium heaters and I burnt 2 of them up.  They didn't work at all.  The new element gets the tub of water steaming hot.  I would leave it on for a while and then turn it off so it didn't get to hot.  It was advertised as being capable of boiling water and I believe it.  It would be nice to have a thermostat on it but for $11 I'm not complaining.  When the water heats up it warms the peroxide bath.  It starts to foam up.  That's how you know its working good.  I've also quit using the gel peroxide on the top of the skull that isn't submerged.  I cut up a white shirt and covered the skull with that.  I wrapped strips around the base of the antler below the burr.  I would take a plastic spoon and wet the cloth with peroxide a couple times a day.  It worked good and I didn't have to mess with the gel.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left