Main Discussion Area > English Warbow

My 110# Mary-Rose Replica (Full Draw Pics)

(1/4) > >>

duffontap:
Hey Guys,

Love to see all the great posts and interest going on here.  I thought I'd keep up the momentum with a couple pics I got at the beach today.  I work at a Bible college on the Oregon coast and I've been promising the students a Medieval day.  We built a big trebuchet out of driftwood, had and ax throwing competition, played with swords and shot bows.  I got a kick out of seeing 220# weight lifters unable to get my bow past 26".  Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha..........ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!

I had some good shots for my low skill level.  I was shooting a 1,050 grain arrow 200 yards into a stiff breeze.  This was really one of the first days that it didn't hurt to shoot my bow.  Another month of good days like this and I'll start building a heavier bow.

I'll post my new war bow (this is not it) in a couple days. 

Man this stuff is fun!

J. D. Duff

heavybow:
Josh what a great warbow shooter glad you are having fun. marlon ;D

ratty:
looks good JD  :)

Justin Snyder:
It may not have hurt today. But your face after the release sure looks relieved.  I'm glad your having fun with it.  Justin

Yeomanbowman:
Wow,
Stunning location.  That bows got real characted and a great tiller, too.  J.D, your elbow looks a lot higher these days compaired to the last images I saw.  It's obviously paying off. :)
Jeremy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version