Author Topic: Think i might have wasted 2 days  (Read 4895 times)

Offline Badger

Re: Think i might have wasted 2 days
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 03:59:45 pm »
  Hawk, i wrap the ends also, like I said earlier i really don't use any special tecnique, if I walk past it and see it stemed up inside pretty well i add a few more slits. when I quit seeing moisture on the plastic I get a bit more aggressive with the slits and will soon unwrap it and let it air dry. Some woods I rough out the staves leaving the handle area thicker, the limbs will dry out pretty well without cracking but the handle area i wrap as it will crack if drying too fast. Steve

Offline Kitsu

• Räven bakom masken
Re: Think i might have wasted 2 days
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 09:57:58 pm »
  Hawk, i wrap the ends also, like I said earlier i really don't use any special tecnique, if I walk past it and see it stemed up inside pretty well i add a few more slits. when I quit seeing moisture on the plastic I get a bit more aggressive with the slits and will soon unwrap it and let it air dry. Some woods I rough out the staves leaving the handle area thicker, the limbs will dry out pretty well without cracking but the handle area i wrap as it will crack if drying too fast. Steve

thanks, this will come in handy, even if it costs me a bit of $$ it is not much atleast :P (since i dont have a "job" and i go off of either commissions on my art, or doing some random jobs for my dad, whenever he needs some help)
"If you open your mind for me
You won't rely on open eyes to see
The walls you build within come tumbling down
And a new world will begin" ----- Queensryche, "Silent Lucidity

R.H , Southeastern PA/Western PA.