Author Topic: Can't believe it happened to me.  (Read 11274 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Can't believe it happened to me.
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 10:12:56 am »
In my lifetime I have had two cars stolen(never recovered), house broken into once(they were in the house and ran out the back door when I came home), car broken into twice and had a brand new 20 Merc stolen off my fishing boat. Sure leaves you with an indescribable hopeless feeling when you get victimized. Now we can blast them in Bama, in the house or in the yard, they changed the law a few years ago to read that you don't have to retreat if possible or feel threatened.

One other thing, I clear shooting lanes with a pair of 36" geared Fiskars bypass pruners, an absolutely amazing cutter. I just throw them in the bed of my truck because I use them so often. Went to get them the other day and they were gone, apparently snatched out of my truck bed by some lowlife.  I could have had a senior moment and misplaced them but I don't think I did.

Offline aznboi3644

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 11:09:48 am »
Not a lot of items were stolen...but what was stolen were the most valuable items in the apartment.

I'll be ready next time.  I'm gonna make sure my bedroom window will never be broken into again...Primitive traps are in order.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 11:48:22 am »
AZN....don't get caught setting any kind of boobytrap.....this is considered Premeditated...and will land your ass in a penitentiary quicker than shit....believe me....protecting oneself...or ones property is a god given right in my book....but you will be hard pressed to have a jury see your setting traps a means of protecting yourself....jmo
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 02:02:59 pm by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline NTD

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 01:03:49 pm »
What EL D said!  Most states have laws against boobytraps.  Bar your windows and get a gun.  A good dog helps too.  You don't want one that barks at everything though or you'll just tune it out. 
Nate Danforth

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 02:13:34 pm »
Just found out this morning that some farmers in our county had over $100,000 worth of irrigation pipe stolen last week.  People are getting desperate for their next high I guess.  Better bolt everything down.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline Stingray45

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 02:39:25 pm »
Sorry to hear about this, its getting bad out there. Lately we have had cars broken into in the parking lot at Church while we have been sitting at Mass. Yesterday my priest announced for ladies to please hide their purses in their cars or to carry them with them when in line for communion because this past Saturday night a woman left her purse at her seat while in line for communion and her wallet was stolen right there in church. Many people no longer find anything sacred.
Is there anything better than wandering the earth with a stick and string in your hand?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 11:52:43 pm »
Check your local laws, your mileage may vary DRASTICALLY.   Castle Doctrine dates back to medievel England and is one of the basic presumptions of Common Law.  But it no longer carries much weight in our judicial system, regardless of how we may feel.

The guy that pursued the burglar and firing his weapon would have been charged with assault with a deadly weapon in most states and would have been found guilty.  Once the burglar turns tail and is leaving, you are no longer threatened.  At that point you are just trying to kill someone, and that is at best manslaughter.  Bullets in the front is easily argued as self defense.  Bullets in the back is bushwhacking.  We had a guy here in town a few years ago sitting around in his underwear injoying a rousing round with his Xbox when three dudes kicked in his door and proceeded to lay a beat down on him.  He got to his cheap-a$$ Gen-U-Wine Japanese Ninja Sword and prodeeded to go ginsu on their carcasses.  He chased them out of the apartment, but then decided to continue chasing them.  He caught one of them a block away and proceeded to slice off the guy's ear.  He got a couple years in the State Lockup for aggravated assault along with his three assailants. 

Like I said, your mileage may vary...check your local laws cause they don't let you make bows in the pokey.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 12:09:03 am »
When my place was broken into, they broke out a window in the back bedroom, stood on my doghouse(my lab probably licked them) and crawled in the bedroom. I had to leave the next weekend and was afraid of a repeat performance so I strapped a 12ga to a chair facing the window(unloaded) and ran a couple lengths of cord from the window sill to what looked like the guns trigger(not really, just another bluff) left a bedside light on and the blind up a couple inches so one could just see in the room if they stood on the doghouse. Never had anyone try to break in again.

Grunt

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 09:01:35 am »
All these break in's and stealing are going to get worse as things decline. Every responsible household member should have a carry permit, spend time on a range and have a full knowledge of local laws. Having a throw down weapon wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2010, 04:14:19 pm »
 We just had three kids skipping school and breaking into houses get a rude awakening. The guy and his wife were asleep when they broke the bedroom window. One had a foot inside and the second one was standing outside waiting his turn. The home owner shot the first one in the head and the second one in the chest. The third ran away. The first 17 year old died, the second recovered in the hospital and along with the one that ran away they are charged with second degree murder.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2010, 05:14:45 pm »
They charged the Homeowners...or the Kids for putting their Buddy in a Life Threatening Situation?
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2010, 05:31:58 pm »
sorry to hear

reasons like this i want my concealed carry permit
but i am armed for home protocetion
even if i have to go palio on them  >:D

oooo. poor thief. limping/crawling out of your house with about ten pounds of shattered obsidian in him.  :-X ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 08:42:55 pm »
 They charged the kids, Mike. The homeowner got charged with possesion of cocaine, but not shooting the thieves.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2010, 09:00:48 pm »
LMAO....if anything like Michigan....the Homeowner got more time for the Drugs...than the Kids got for second degree murder! I remember back about 2002 when Michigan changed their Laws when that C@#$%^&n Woman... Jennifer Granholm took over the State...She made it so bad that an 18 year old Kid...first offense ...got 25- Life for two 8-Balls of Cocaine...now I don't know but I have been told that ...one can run that much up His Nose in a Weekend.....thats what I heard anyways........ :P.... ;D......... :-X...... :-[
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2010, 09:10:23 pm »
 He'll probably get off the drug charge, it was just a little. We have a Jam up sheriff here. He was on the news saying even though they found cocaine the homeowner should have all the right in the world to protect hisself and his property.

This is they same Sheriff a few years ago that was interviewed after a murder suspect was shot . The guy had executed a deputy and his dog and then was hiding in the woods over night. They found and shot him I believe 128 times. When Asked on the news that night why he was shot that many times he said," because they ran out of bullets".
Lakeland, Florida