Author Topic: my progress..  (Read 2229 times)

Offline aero86

my progress..
« on: November 06, 2010, 09:25:01 pm »
so i havent posted here in a long time.  ive been reading a few things here and there and the book that i had.  ive been getting better, and my groups been getting tigher.  a couple things ive learned, one of which i learned today which really helped. 

changing how my hand contacted the bow.  before i gripped the bow with the whole palm of my hand.  now, i just use the top of my palm and it helped a lot. 

then today when i was shooting at the crappy animals at the 3D range, the ring finger glove on my shooting glove broke.  so, i went to shooting with 2 fingers.  i noticed no difference in difficulty drawing the bow, but i noticed my consistancy went way up.  i shot about 50 more times since then and im still a lot more consistant than i was before. 

im really getting excited about my shooting now, especially since i did pretty good shooting the targets.  just had to share!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: my progress..
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 12:25:00 am »
It's curious how all of a sudden things click!  8) Enjoy your accuracy.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Kegan

Re: my progress..
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 06:26:15 pm »
Congrats! Your grip allows for a more relaxed hand, and therefore shoulder and arm. You also let the bow "do its thing" without getting in the way. All good stuff :). As for two fingers, the main reason to use the third finger is to prevent torquing the string. Using two fingers is, obviously, a weaker grip- but a weaker grip is like using a heavier bow: it gives a cleaner release! Of course, you seem to be one of the lucky few who don't torque too much. The times I've tried two fingers with longbows I torqued so badly it didn't make any difference (I naturally twist my arm a little anyways so I had no chance). Actually the only time I've gotten it to work was on my friend's really short compound- and that's because the third finger wouldn't fit!

Congrats and keep at it :)!