Author Topic: trade point size  (Read 1757 times)

Offline swiftjustus

trade point size
« on: November 07, 2010, 11:11:38 am »
i have some lumberyard bandsaw steel and was wondering what dimentions would be most effective for a tie on type broadhead,  my neighbor has a c.a.d. plasma cutter and offered to cut them out for me, all i have to do is give him the dimentions. i think a triangle with a couple slits on the side for the sinew wrap would yeild the most pieces per piece of steel. any imput would be greatly appriciated.
thanks

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: trade point size
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 11:36:02 am »
 That's how I do mine. I use 1" x 2 1/4".
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 11:54:06 am »
That's about how I did mine. I think I made mine a bit wider to allow for finished shape and edge bevel(s).  I'm going for a single bevel on mine to start with.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 01:00:17 pm »
Depends on how thick your material is as to how big or long the points can be with out bending too easily     kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline aznboi3644

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 01:41:05 pm »
I get some pretty high carbon bandsaw blade steel...I'm working on a set of 3" long by 1" wide points.  Like others said...can be as long as you want without bending