Author Topic: North Georgia Flintknapping and Primitive Arts Festival  (Read 6692 times)

Offline DirtyDan

North Georgia Flintknapping and Primitive Arts Festival
« on: April 30, 2007, 11:03:02 am »
If you missed the North Georgia Flintknapping and Primitive Arts Festival, you missed a great time.  Woody Blackwell and other great flintknappers gathered and showed their skills, and 26 vendors displayed outstanding primitve weapons, crafts and art, including bows, spears, blowguns, atlatls, knives, skins, hides, quivers and tons of beautiful points.  We had over 3000 visitors for the four-day event.  The weather was gorgeous, the food vendors from Mobile prepared outstanding food, including crawfish julienne, and huge fried shrimp, and the camping facilities were outstanding.  Put the last weekend in April on your calendar for next year, and come to this outstanding event.  Demonstrations included:  Bow making, arrow making, atlatl throwing, fire-making, traps and snares, hide-tanning and many other skills that everyone would like to know.  Don't miss this event next year.

Dan Spier

Offline billy

Re: North Georgia Flintknapping and Primitive Arts Festival
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 05:29:12 pm »
HEy there my friend!  I didn't miss it, and I'll definitely be at Swetmon's knap in at the end of MAy.  I'll see you there!
Marietta, Georgia