Author Topic: Dozen arrow by Christmas  (Read 4076 times)

Offline boo

Dozen arrow by Christmas
« on: December 08, 2010, 06:47:54 pm »
Is it possible to buy a dozen arrows ready to shoot, and have them by Christmas? I want to get my daughter a set to go with her new bow, and would like to have them done up kinda special. I dont have the time to make them, and dont want to buy a set that looks like every other arrow out there. But if i have to ill order form 3R or KK so she can shoot Christmas day with me. Thanks for the help
Boo

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Dozen arrow by Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 07:11:16 pm »
How about David and Cora Knight?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 10:24:53 pm »
 Pat, that would be tough findingTonkin low in spine for a lite bow and be able to nock it. But give them a try.

If not, order from Three Rivers or Kustom King and crest them yourself. Give it that personnal touch.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Thumper2

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 11:32:59 pm »
Call the folks at Twig Archery.

www.twigarchery.com :)
Lou

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 12:23:41 am »
Eddie, That light bow is 47#@26". Shouldn't be hard to find Tonkin arrows for that should it?  ???  It shot the hill cane arrows Art made for me well and they are spined 50#-55# and are cut to 29" and 650gr mol. I'd hunt with that combo!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 07:50:01 am »
Thats one of the problems that I have had on any tonkin cane shafting.  When I get the spine, even up to 50-55 lbs to use out of my 45 lbs bows, I almost always have to use a 5/16 plastic nock because there is not enough diameter there to cut a self nock.  I have been pondering using a footed nock, sort of like Cris and Art does and trying that.   There is just something about a plastic nock on any piece of cane that just does not look right. 

Offline markinengland

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 11:33:21 am »
I just cut self nocks into a set of 12 Tonkin shafts. 50-55#, 8-8.5mm at the front end and closer to 6mm at the rear. Seemed quite possible.

As long as the string isn't too thick and the nock is cut large enough to fit the string the nock will not be put under splitting strain and all the strain on the shot is forwards. Binding is of course a good idea.

Something I have done on thin shoot shafts is to build the nock area up with hemp fibres and titebond glue to build up a bulbous nock. Worked very well and not a single nock split on me with thin hazel shafts.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 04:49:40 pm »
 I was thinking of a light weight "kids bow", Pat. I didn't pay attention to which bow it was. David and Cora have some that size.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?