Author Topic: Anyone want an Aermotor windmill gearbox? I need a laptop...or???  (Read 3104 times)

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
This is a 1954 model A-702 Aermotor gearbox.  It has all new bearings and wear parts and works like new.  It has not been run since being rebuilt so it's essentially an all-new motor.

This is a $600 motor (for the sake of establishing a value...I do not want to sell it outright).  I need a 2.5ghz+ laptop...or a dual core model.  I'm pretty flexible on what it is and am not needing to meet the value of the gearbox...I need the gearbox gone, more than anything.

I might also be willing to trade for completed bows.

Let me know if interested!  Thanks!
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline gstoneberg

Re: Anyone want an Aermotor windmill gearbox? I need a laptop...or???
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 10:11:41 am »
Boy, that's something you don't see every day.  Our windmill motor is OK, I'd be more interested in a rebuilt pump.  But, I don't have a laptop that nice anyway.  Good luck with it.  I'd think shipping that bad boy will be pricey.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 10:37:23 am »
What size is your pump?  I still have a small assortment of pump parts...mostly the leather cups.

Who ships the gearbox will depend on the laptop...or general trade.  It runs about $80.
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 03:51:26 pm »
I'll have to get back to you.  It's the windmill on the hunting lease so it isn't my land or windmill.  I don't know if the owner has pulled the pump out of the well or not and knows the information.  I sure would like to be able to have it pumping water when we're there.

Thanks,
George
St Paul, TX