Author Topic: My 2nd little one!!  (Read 9555 times)

Offline lowell

My 2nd little one!!
« on: December 23, 2010, 09:59:03 pm »
 Hoping my 3rd is the big one but I'm happy to have this one!!!

Here's my deer and the best part my grandson was along to find it!! He will be 3 in Feb and is quite the hunter and his name is Hunter. I gave him my flashlight and said to follow the trail and find grandpa's deer..... and he did!!!!!!

Saw 3 turkeys and a nice buck walk by 2 of my other stands... I was in the 3rd stand. After I watched the buck walk out of sight I heard something behind me (crusted snow was really loud, but the deer were really quite) and there was 2 deer coming at about 20-30 yards. I thought the one busted me but I froze and they kept coming. The one walked right under me and I thought I could slip and arrow into a lung but I hit him in the spine. She went down but I had to catch up to her and shoot her again!

47# osage selfbow, snake backed....125 gr Ace broadhead on a cedar arrow in the spine and an Ace 125 gr.on a cane arrow for the kill shot.

My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
Re: My 2nd little one!!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 11:06:05 pm »
very nice lowell.  May get some of that white stuff here.  Congrats on some fine fricacy!

Offline Key

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 11:28:02 pm »
Congrats Lowell....Glad to see you took your grandson along. He will remember that the rest of his life.
Roger

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 12:12:48 am »
Thats awesome...good way to teach the grandson.  And that deer is not to little.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline Postman

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 02:34:12 pm »
Wonderful ! probably will be one of your most memorable hunts ever, and maybe his earliest memory as he gets older.
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline Kent D.

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 04:45:56 pm »
Way to go.