Author Topic: Classic Donations:  (Read 5944 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Re: Classic Donations:
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 12:09:29 am »
Don't let Eddie fool you about the food.  He brought some fantastic coral!  Timo donated the bow last year with Aero, PatB, and Mike Hawk Huston the arrows, Shannon the turkey beard, and Dana the neck knife.  I missed seeing the drawing as most of us were gone by then.  I hope this year will be even better than last year with some more fellows involved.  The elephant leather was given to me by one of my neighbors.  Her husband was the CEO of Dupont and a Remmington board member that used to hunt in Africa.  He passed away last year and she was just cleaning house!  The leather is about a 4 or 5 in leather thickness grade and is tough and plyable.  Have made several things out of it and really like it.  All but one piece was dyed black.  Bear don't worry about your work being up to par--heck I never saw them throw any of my junk away so yours will work just fine!  A/Ho Pokie
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 02:23:50 am »
I'll tell You what ...Joe...You say that Your Work isn't up to par either...If You can make a Bow half as good as you make these Quivers...Whoever wins this Year will be one Lucky Bugger! This looks Awesome Joe...can't wait to see the One for the Classic
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 09:31:52 am »
Nice looking quiver, I just want to say thanks,we really appreciate this,I don't really know how this all got started but if my memory serves me ,I think a few years back PatB /El/Dana /Hillbilly and others I am sure I am not mentioning came and gave us some stuff to use as door prizes or
raffle off,we don't ask for anything but you can be sure it helps and goes toward the expense of the shoot.We for sure don't do it for the money,lots of better ways to make money and easier :)
It is for me as most of the TwinOaks gang a labor of love. It is the best gathering we have and most the folks that show up are like family to me,I think they know that. It is almost in barsing
and really humbelling to me when we receive such fine gifts from the heart. I just want everyone to understand you don't have to do this and would just as welcome either way.
Thanks for all your support over the years , just come and have some fun. :) If you have never been I cam promise you will meet some of the finest most generous folks you will ever be around.  :) 
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 10:10:18 am »
Pappy- what is the date this year for the classic?
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 10:29:31 am »
Pappy:  You make as all feel like family.  The fellowship with talented people, the bow making, knapping, southern style food, the shoot, with all the little kids all decked out with bows, arrows, and quivers, and the music makes for a very special time which become memories. Meeting people you can really respect like RangerB and Miss Joanie is another reward. The things we make for the Classic is just our way of trying to give back and be part of the good times.  For me making a few things is my winter time therapy and for that I humbly thank you.  There are several of us that want to be part of the happening!  A/Ho Pokie
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 10:51:47 am »
Thanks Joe. :) :) Jeff it is April 29/30 May 1st. this year but I am there all the week before so come on down anytime.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 12:29:14 am »
Pappy, it is a labor of love and for a great cause. You guys at Twin Oaks put on such a fantastic shoot with the Classic and it is very obvious that lots of man hours have been expended getting thing just right. We just want to contribute and be a part of it all.  8) I have felt like part of the family since the first time I set foot on Twin Oaks.  8)
  I have a little project I'm working on for the raffle table.  ;) ...and I think I have enough time to complete it!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2010, 05:40:00 pm »
I think the Twin Oaks Classic is the best place/event that I have never been to.  I would love to be there this coming year, but it looks like I'll be at a Raptor Rehabilitation Conference about that time.  Maybe I can come up with something I can send down to help out with the classic since I can't be there.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2010, 07:59:55 pm »
 Pappy;

I can't add much more than Joe and Pat, but you and all the guy's at Twin Oaks do something special every year. You have provided a place for a lot of us to meet new friends and old friends. Friends give  other friends gifts out of love and gratitude. I thank you and the crew for the Classic, it's on Kathie and mine's calendar every year, can't stay away.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Jesse

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2010, 11:02:04 pm »
Yeah despite the fact that it rains like crazy every time it's still so much fun.
If I can make something worth donating I might just get in on that. Otherwise I'll just bring more cheese :)
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark