Author Topic: SPEED!  (Read 4302 times)

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
Re: SPEED!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 03:22:11 am »
Hi All,  For a 550 gr arrow I think 150fps sounds a little above average, especially for a short draw.  Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 03:39:31 am »
No idea. Don't own a chrono. I will flight shoot new bows. I can basically tell if a bow is good enough for the woods fairly early. Jawge

AMEN!  It's the feel and the eye......That's all you need to know. I hope I don't anger anyone...HONESTLY, I do not mean to, BUT, THIS IS primitive archery.......

OK...I will shut up now ::)

God Bless
Ron
God, honor, country, bows, and guns.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 07:30:52 am »
That sounds very good to me if you are shooting a hunting weight arrow, Never have cono many but most of the ones I did were about 3 times the draw weight,I have a short draw and seem the longer draws do a little better. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline sailordad

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 11:39:19 am »
ive only ran one bow thru a chrono(the 1st i ever made)
it was 3 times the draw weight

but i much prefer to shoot them and check distance/cast over "how fast" some techie piece of equipment says it is
after all that speed is directly off the bow and not how fast it moving when it hits its target down range

i to like doing the distnace/cast check over chrono for the same reason that okie mentioned
its "primitive",well that and i am too damn cheap to go buy a chrono or spend money to use the one at the local "pay range"
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline bcbull

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 07:48:14 pm »
speed dont matter deer  or elk aint gonna know the diff between 150 and 205 if it s in the right place  brock ;)