Author Topic: 12.5 inches...size matters  (Read 4978 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: 12.5 inches...size matters
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 05:24:05 pm »
Wayne, I' not even gonna comment on mounting anything 12.5 inches. :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 05:41:16 pm »
  ;D ;D I'm still Shocked cause I know what Dave thinks is 7 inches.  :o :o >:D  Did you use a real tape measure this time? :o  Sorry Dave the Temptation was just to much. O:)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 05:45:00 pm by Keenan »

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 08:08:54 pm »
 Ask his wife. ::) >:D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 11:24:09 pm »

Juniper Junkie, did you ever see Emory Coons Big one? ;D  It takes two hands to hold it! :o :o
It is the 42 inch Pumpkin Obsidian blade.  I don't how the heck he does it.  I would love to watch him spall them out.  He is definitely a master at it.  You could Put your blade side ways, and make a tomahawk out of it !  See, I didn't say mount it. ::)  I guess Eddie being a Moderator and all, he had to back away from it.  I know he likes BIG adventures.....  Like chasing water buffalo, in his plaid skirt, with a pink bow !  But none the less, that is a nice point, and like I said, I keep breaking them.  I get so mad, I will have a nice blade going and plink, I now have three pieces! >:( >:(  I haven't tried any more yet, I haven't been able to spall any flakes of any decent size.  I left my heavier bopper in Montana with my other tools.  Didn't intend to, but that is my style lately.   ::)  Again nice blade. 
                                                                                 Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 11:39:36 pm »
 Wayne, did you hold Emory's Big One with your two hands?
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Keenan

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 11:42:43 pm »
Wayne, Now that you mention it I think Dave did get his hands on Emory's big one.   :o :o  Oops, sorry Dave,  that sounded bad didn't it?  O:)

Offline Keenan

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 11:44:41 pm »
 Oh Eddie,,,,,he was so excited that he called me later that day and told me all about it! :o >:D  Said that drive up north to visit Emory was worth every hour and was the best time he'd had in years...... :D :D

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 12:13:12 am »
no Wayne, I didnt hold emory's big one, but anything that takes two hands to hold has my respect.  he spalled out this Dacite for Keenan and I this year, then let me use his big  bopper and instructed me on where to hit. it is really cool to see those large slabs come off.  but you have to do it correctly.  hopefully keenan is paying attention, because it doesnt do much good to have a big tool, if you dont know how to use it correctly. >:D a problem develops, such as wayne describes when you get in too much of a hurry and accidently use the tool incorrectly which causes premature breakage ::) you need to take your time, you have the blade coming together, just a few more flakes and you're done ;D then you get all excited and end up with just  some chunks in your hands >:(  :P such a waste ::) >:D

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 12:35:17 am »
 :o
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Keenan

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 12:39:05 am »
 :o :o
Quote from Dave; "then let me use his big  bopper and instructed me on where to hit. it is really cool"   

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2010, 12:56:07 am »
Oh no.....
Mililani Hawaii

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2010, 01:16:54 am »
:o :o
Quote from Dave; "then let me use his big  bopper and instructed me on where to hit. it is really cool"   

well, the only one around to hit with it was keenan, but he dont really remember much :D he did have a lot of lower back pain on the way home ??? ???

Offline stickbender

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2010, 11:03:18 pm »

No Eddie, I didn't hold Emory's big one, but I did take a picture of it, just for proof of size ! :o  ;)

I didnt even get hold his big bopprt ! :(
                                                                         Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010, 12:23:27 am »
ahhhhh,,,, just thnk of the lost memories. ::) ;)
Lakeland, Florida