Author Topic: kudos to billy  (Read 10720 times)

Offline juniper junkie

kudos to billy
« on: November 22, 2010, 12:29:39 am »
I just wanted to give a big thank you and a job well done to Billy Berger for his series on the treasures of the smithsonian. he did a outstanding job of providing good pictures and accurate details on the artifacts he examined. I am sure it took a lot of time to document those items. he gave us all a inside look at some incredible examples of archery tackle used by the early americans. thanks again Billy, your work is greatly appreciated.

Dave Cheney
aka: juniper junkie

Offline Michael C.

Re: kudos to billy
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 02:45:19 am »
Yeah that was great info on all the bows featured. It must have been difficult to pick which ones from all the bows they must have had. It was a lot of fun reading the articles and I'd like to second the thanks for taking the time.

"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline billy

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 12:06:12 am »
Hey guys,

Thanks so much for the kind words regarding the Treasures of the Smithosonian series.  And yes, it did take a lot of time and work to do the research, write the articles, and then put them together.  But it was definitely worth it.  I hope everyone enjoyed the series and learned something fom them.

I really enjoyed writing the articles.  And I was just excited to get them done and let all my primitive archer friends feast their eyes on real, authentic Native American artifacts.  I always try to come up with new and informative article ideas, but now I have a real probelem:  How am I ever gonna be able to top the Smithsonian series?? Maybe I could do another series in the future that highlights completely different archery artifacts....this time spanning the globe. Hey...now that sounds like a GREAT article idea!

Thanks again, and I'm glad ya'll enjoyed them.   

Billy
Marietta, Georgia

Offline johnston

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 12:50:06 am »
billy I am one of many that enjoyed the Smithsonian series but I really wanted to thank you for the Small Game article. For me, it was timely and helpful.

Lane

Offline Phil Rees

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 06:49:23 pm »
Hi Billy
I'd just like to add my congratulations to you for an excellent artical on a topic I have to admit I knew absolutley nothing about.

Thanks Billy .... when can we expect Vol 2.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 11:26:28 pm »
Ahhh, I can see it now.  Volume II, The bows of the University of Missouri, Columbia; Charles E. Grayson Collection. 

I'm drooling already.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline chasing crow

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 09:09:55 pm »
I'm with all of you. Billy, your articles have been very informative and entertaining. I also gladly ask for more!
Chasing Crow
We know more than we think we do. Pass your knowledge on to our youth

Offline billy

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 01:13:24 am »
Thanks guys!  We'll see what the future holds!   :)  :)  :)
Marietta, Georgia