Author Topic: Sad days ahead...  (Read 5661 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: Sad days ahead...
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 02:21:03 am »

Man I feel for you, I know how it is.  I get too attached to them.  I had to put mine down, in the mid seventies, and I haven't had one since.  I had to put my cat down a couple of years ago, and was not going to get anymore cats, but two strays showed up, and wouldn't leave, and one is very well mannered.  The other is affectionate, but must have been abused.  You can only pet her in certain places, other wise she scratches and bites.  I don't mean nip either.  She is lucky to be alive.  She is either going on Craig's, list, or dogs and cats forever, when I finally move to Montana.  Do try Craig's list, the want ads, etc.  Can you keep the dogs outside?  We used to have hunting hounds, and had a fenced in slab of concrete, with an elevated dog house, with stairs , and lounging platforms for them.  ;)  I know it gets cold out there, but you could heat it.  And it would give you time to find good homes for them.  Good luck, I wish the best to you and them, and your Daughter. 

Wayne

Offline adb

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 10:12:26 am »
You always know where you stand with your dog. A truly heart-breaking story.

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 10:08:32 pm »
Well there may be a happy ending to this thanks to the suggestion of putting them on craigslist. We put them up and a woman called tonight asking if we still had them and is interested in possibly taking them both, despite someone flagging the post multiple times. I'm not sure what that's about but after reading all the rules and double checking we had not violated anything I can't figure out why it keeps getting flagged. Anyway she has 5 acres and she wants them to be inside dogs :) I'm excited about it so hopefully it all works out.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 12:44:14 am »
That's wonderful.  I hope it works out!