Author Topic: Will trade bamboo arrow shafts for squirrel skins.  (Read 3899 times)

Offline markinengland

Will trade bamboo arrow shafts for squirrel skins.
« on: November 22, 2010, 01:56:46 pm »
I want some rawhide squirrel skins to try making bow strings with. I'd prefer them with the hair on but am still interested if they have been dehaired.

I can can supply good quality heat treated, straight, dry, spine matched bamboo arrow shafts. For the right deal I could probably sort you out some spine and weight matched shafts if this floats your boat.

Email me at markdesignhill@aol.com or post here.

Regards,

Mark

Offline gstoneberg

Re: Will trade bamboo arrow shafts for squirrel skins.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 07:53:29 pm »
If you don't find anybody with squirrel rawhide I'll go shoot you squirrels this weekend.  I sure watched a bunch of them while deer hunting this past weekend.  Of course, as soon as I want to shoot them the deer will overrun me and the squirrel will be gone.  That's not all bad though... ;D

George
St Paul, TX

Offline sailordad

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 09:10:23 pm »
You wanting fox squirrel or just any old squriel?
I could.go get a few fox squirrel only problem is I hate eating rat  :P
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline aero86

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 10:11:41 pm »
hey if your helping him out, just send me the frozen meat, id like to try it!  since i cant seem to hit the stupid things, and they keep stealing the peanut butter..
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 11:11:16 pm »
hey if your helping him out, just send me the frozen meat, id like to try it!  since i cant seem to hit the stupid things, and they keep stealing the peanut butter..

Now that's funny ;D

I like fried and dumpin squirrel. But I too can't hit the dern things. It's like squirrels 30 and Mark  0 ::)
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline markinengland

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 02:46:28 am »
George,

I'm after what you call fox squirrel over there and we call grey sqirrel over here. I did a google image search. I'm a bit worried about your safety as some of your squirrels seem to have guns and bazookas and stuff!

It is odd how animals know when you are after them. Loads when you are just looking, they vanish when the change happens in your mind and you get interested in them!

Offline aero86

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 09:29:06 am »
lol mark! 

your right about them being around when your not ready.  seems like every third time i walk out the front door, theres a big fat one look right at me, at the base of the cottonwood tree about 3 yards away, perfect shot, just no bow!  lol
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 02:34:05 am »
Oh man I skinned about 15 squirrels big greys this past week me and my son shot them with his first BB gun

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline markinengland

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 03:18:24 pm »
Russ,

If you want some shafts and a trade let me know.

Mark

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 03:14:27 pm »
Mark how can we do this they will be not dried I will get them to u if I have to go shoot some more!  I had one drying out to try and make a string I read u can make a bow string.. Also I want to be the first person to back a bow with squirrel rawhide... that i know.  OK pm me or heres my email hillrussell76@yahoo.com
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill